PDA

View Full Version : DJ Ratty - Fibre Optic (Christmas Cracker) 1993

jsaq
28th July 2008, 09:18 PM
Can anyone help ID this track from the above set.

Cheers guys :)

Digital Delight
31st July 2008, 07:49 PM
Wicked track! This is probably another dubplate. Ratty seemed to have alot of wicked tunes on dubplate at the time that never got released....

O_Z
2nd August 2008, 03:23 PM
Drum Programme (remix) - International Rude Boyz - Formation
All Torn Up - Genetix - Face
Disturbance (remix) - Hyper On Experience - Moving Shadow
Silent Voices - Bounty Killaz - Creative Wax
Champion Sound remix - Q Project - Legend
The Execution - Gwange & Spinback - Legend
Osmosis - Jumping Jack Frost - Formation
Kano - Kev Bird - Basement
Adrenalin - Gwange - Legend
32.25 Unknown RattyFOX1
Mr Logic (remix) - Cloud 9 - Moving Shadow
Antology (remix) - The Antill Mob - Anthill
7th Heaven - Fast Floor - Smooth
Unknown - CODE001 - White
Renegade Snares (remix) - Omni Trio - Moving Shadow
Source Of All Evil - Ratty - Formation

Here's a tracklist, I don't recognise the sample as any of the tunes so it must be the unreleased dubplate.

:'(

jsaq
4th August 2008, 09:03 PM
Cheers for the tracklist mate. I've only ever heard the track on this partiular set so it seems it was probably pressed up as a dub plate only as Digital stated. :)

Edzy
13th August 2008, 10:01 PM
Alright mate, i will try and find out who actually done this artist wise but ratty got so many plates pressed in 93 that he probably won't remember but its worth an ask all the same, and also if he only played it on one set it's maybe not as fresh in his head as others are.

i should see him in the next week or so, so i will have an ask for you. i will post up what i find out, any other plates u are struggling with that he dropped i could clear up too maybe.

take it easy

eddie

jsaq
14th August 2008, 09:55 PM
Nice one Eddie, thanks mate. If you could give me a shout if you have any luck with those two that would be cool. :thumbsup:

ethereal94
1st October 2008, 08:35 PM
Alright mate, i will try and find out who actually done this artist wise but ratty got so many plates pressed in 93 that he probably won't remember but its worth an ask all the same, and also if he only played it on one set it's maybe not as fresh in his head as others are.

i should see him in the next week or so, so i will have an ask for you. i will post up what i find out, any other plates u are struggling with that he dropped i could clear up too maybe.

take it easy

eddie

He played that tune in a number of his sets from late 1993 so hopefully he remembers it. Presumably it didn't get released but some more info on it would be good.

When you get the chance to speak to him about it, any chance you could also ask him about these longstanding Ratty unknowns?

Digital Delight
4th October 2008, 05:18 PM
Ratty-Quest-15-01-94.mp3 - I'll eat my hat if this isnt a Basement Records dubplate.....

Digital Delight
6th October 2008, 03:29 PM
Ratty-Quest-05-03-94.mp3 - this is an absolute choooon!! If i had to guess i'd say that it has the sound of an Invisible Man tune. Shame it will probably never see the light of day :(

nebkins
7th October 2008, 02:57 PM
Ratty-Quest-15-01-94.mp3 ..this sounds remarkably like Electronic Experienced - IQ on Basement

djsk3tchy
15th June 2010, 10:56 PM
that dub played on Helter Skelter has been asked for for years so very doubtful if it will ever see the light of day, i asked Jamie (tango) about this myself & he said he would ask ratty & he came back with he can't remember !!!!

jsaq
15th June 2010, 11:45 PM
I thought that might be the case, cheers for asking though mate :thumbsup:

djsk3tchy
2nd December 2010, 03:08 AM
I thought that might be the case, cheers for asking though mate :thumbsup:

slight update

speaking to Ratty & he said that tune (track01) from fibre Optic @ quest is an Unreleased Windmill tune

The tune played @ Edge 93 Start which has been rumoured to be by SS is infact Jumpin Jack Frost

Paul Zykotik
2nd December 2010, 05:06 PM
That Quest 05-03-94 track was confirmed as a dubplate when I asked about it a few months ago. Amazing track...

djsk3tchy
3rd December 2010, 06:52 PM
That Quest 05-03-94 track was confirmed as a dubplate when I asked about it a few months ago. Amazing track...

Seems to always be the way with Ratty ........

djsk3tchy
7th October 2011, 01:07 PM
What set is that Ratty dub from of he's own tune ?