PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Lisa??

rich225
7th August 2002, 06:25 PM
I already asked earlier but
let the beat hit em is obvoiusly the original but there is another version out which goes da da da da da da but on a lower key (that is the best way of explaining it!) its like a newer version (Could be bootlegged) i dont think its by lisa lisa can anyone tell me who its by? and who may have it - thanks - Rich225

italian style
7th August 2002, 06:29 PM
i know which you mean mate, its been known to be played at retro, my mate has got it. its a more modern version, if no 1 id's it il let you know the name of it tommorow, cos il see me mate tonight.
;) ;)

vauser
7th August 2002, 06:32 PM
There are two that i can think of, one is by Shena and the other is a trancey one that came out about a year ago.

butty
7th August 2002, 06:36 PM
http://www.pianoheaven.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6544&highlight=let+AND+the+AND+beat+AND+hit

this thread may help u mate

rich225
7th August 2002, 06:36 PM
Ok thanks guys !! would love to get hold of that on MP3

Mike
7th August 2002, 11:28 PM
The cheesy one that Paul Taylor plays at Retro is Sound Design - Happiness which came out a year or two ago... The Shena version was slightly more downtempo and 'garagey'

rich225
7th August 2002, 11:37 PM
Yeah got that its a new version of it its wot i hear in my local nightclub lol!! its nothing compared to the version I'm after!!
Thats the thing with Paul Taylor, he could do with concentrating more on the word RETRO!! although he does bang out a few hair raising tunes in his set.

ste huxley
8th August 2002, 12:49 AM
The remix that your after with the bouncy bassline and pianos from 91/92 is on Knights 7,

Sirius has got the ORIGINAL vinyl but I forget what its called

sirius
9th August 2002, 09:58 PM
R u sure its me youre thinking ofbud????.

Is mine the original?..........

1991 Columbia Recs 'Let the Beat hit 'em' 'Paradise Garage Club Mix'...'5 Minute House Mix'....Pop Radio mix (Pants). Probably not.
Its a thick piccy sleeve, with some 80's bird on the front caressing a mic, and Clivilles and Cole looking like tough guys on the back.
I dont have the Knights record, so Im not sure what mix youre after. All I can describe is that it starts off with two cascading pianos (like falling down the stairs on Laurel and Hardy!), a massive pure baseline then vocals, then hi hats kick in etc......Oh and theres no raising vocal sample 'do do do do du du du do do do du du du', but plenty of 'rock the house y'all' and jazzy piano's goin on!.

I think youre thinking of someone else bud, but if it is the original - What a bonus!.

I have sound dezign or whatever it is too on vinyl............

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bugger, just twigged what u are all on about!!!. Just spent *AGES* looking for it 'cos I forgot what it was myself DOH!!!....

Its a whitelabel promo thing with no specific marking on Im afraid (after all that!). Sort of goes bananas on the "When I hear the music" bit doesnt it!.

See ya

Sirius.

fugjostle
10th August 2002, 11:27 AM
Yeah Sirus, thats the one I've got. Its the C&C mixes and the one on the KOTT is Lisa Lisa - Let the beat hit em (Part 2).

The original is for sale from moi if anyone wants it.

---
Fug

sirius
10th August 2002, 02:33 PM
Who did Let the Beat Hit Em Pt2???. My white has no association to Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam except the stolen(?) lyrics.......

Flipped the paper sleeve over this morning - One side in biro scrawls says Testify, and Hear Music, if this helps at all. Id say its probably a cheeky white from 1992...sort of like one of those Bass Culture/Little Rascal type things - if u know what i mean!.

My LisaLisa piccy sleeve is probably just the bog standard release then?.

ta da fer now,

Sirius.

fugjostle
10th August 2002, 06:11 PM
I've seen 2 releases of the track. One with the 80's throwback style with C&C on the rear. The other is like a Jackson pollock cover. Dunno the track listing for the second one, maybe thats the one with the mix.

The KOTT version I've got sounds like Lisa Lisa to me rather than a imposter.

---
Fug

sirius
10th August 2002, 08:08 PM
I always thought it was somebodys remake......flamenco esque guitars and piano's with somebody going mad on the vocal sampler button (!) didnt lead me to think its pukka....:). Maybe wrong though!!.

The Bside has a track I assumed is called 'testify' with that well used "Lift your voices to the sky, get on your feet and testify" vocal sample in it......which also doesnt sound like LisaLisa style, and this records defo not a booty :).

I think Im confusing the original question asker, so Ill shut up now:crazy: .

I reckon the 'newer' one he is after is the sound de zign (or however its spelt!) anyway. This one of mines about 10 years old!.

Sirius.

Biskit
11th August 2002, 02:01 PM
Sirius it sounds like you've got a bootleg, 'Testify' which you say is on the other side is by 'Sounds of Blackness', is more than likely the 'Amen dub', which used the same beats as in 'Intoxication - React 2 rhythm', this tune used to get hammered by the likes of Sasha! The orig' copy is on '91 Perspective records.
What makes you say its defo not a bootleg!! :confused:
As 4 'Lisa Lisa & the cult jam' and there tune 'Let the beat hit 'em', the original copy Sirius is as you stated, with Lisa (Paula Abdul lookalike) on the front caressing a microphone, is on 'Columbia records USA'. this is the first release!! :rotate:

sirius
11th August 2002, 05:27 PM
I suppose I could be wrong - its just that theres no usaual traits of bootiness about them. The testify doesnt have the same beats as React2Rhythm, and it sure doesnt sound like Sounds of Blackness three quarters way through, where some upliftin piano thang is going on. Infact, both tunes dont particularly sound typical of thier original artists (to me anyway). Theres only two choones on too.

Saying that though, I cant say I know my sounds of Blackness very well!!!. :axe:.

I got the tune in a stack of promo whites (loads were cack) in a pound box about 8 years ago,the box had been untouched for years too - and you dont find many booties in quid boxes :). Or do you?

Perhaps it is a booty then ?. As long I got it! :D.

Anyways, Its sound de zign he's after I reckon...............

Cheers,

Sirius.

fugjostle
12th August 2002, 02:59 PM
I'm not sure if I'm missing something in this thread or not :)

But I've done a little digging and the Lisa Lisa track (with da da da da) is:

Lisa Lisa & The Cult Jam - Let The Beat Hit Em (Part 2 LL With Love Remix) (1991 Sony Records).

I think thats the one your on about.

---
Fug

fugjostle
12th August 2002, 03:02 PM
I can rip it to mp3 if you need to verify.

---
Fug

sirius
12th August 2002, 07:40 PM
No!!!. You may shatter my illusion of it being a pukka record!. Ive whole heartedly believed it to be somebody else ripping it off all this time, it will spoil it....................nah, seriously though, an ikle teeny smidgen of the banging bit would be good enough to nail it down properly. It has the flemenco guitar in it (like the old Holiday program on BBC!!) doesnt it.......

Anyways, its ste's fault for reminding me. Rich is after the more 'clubby' Sound de Zign...........

I hope in some ways the sample is different, but I will have to wait and see! :).

Can U hot link(?) it on here sometime this week?.

Cheers,

Sirius.

jonnyp
12th August 2002, 09:47 PM
fuggy...the lisa lisa with love mix is the common mix that get's played. But this one aint the one with the flamenco style guitars that I think people are trying to work out.

I'm getting confused anyway:axe:

Personally...I think it is just some remix of lisa lisa (soz sirius mate) but bollox knows what vinyl it's on (apart from knights somet or other)

jonny

fugjostle
13th August 2002, 09:41 AM
hmm... what knights is it on? There's a shop over the road that has all the knights in stock and the only one I could see with Lisa Lisa was the Part2 mix.

Gibbor me the number and I'll go listen in ma dinner hour.

---
Fug

ste huxley
13th August 2002, 11:04 AM
You want Knights 7 Fug

I reckon this mix is a rip off by someone, but its damn fine, and it was on my wants list for ages, but I have it now, altho not the original pressing that it came out on, sirius has that

The good thing abou this remix is that it has the original vocals in it, wild

fugjostle
14th August 2002, 02:07 PM
Cheers steh..

Just been to the shop and listened to knights 7, the knight bit confused me cause the popular mix is on knights as well.

Its labelled up as: "Lisa Lisa - Let The Beat Em", the popular mix is labelled up as "Lisa Lisa - Let The Beat Em (Part2)".

---
Fug

Shooms
14th August 2002, 02:12 PM
Jus to confuse matters further.....:drevil:

There is also a classy boot around (I got mine in 94) which has the following on:

Lisa Lisa - Let the beat hit 'em (part 2)
Corina - Loving you like crazy (Todd T remix)
Black Riot - Just make that move
Yo Bots - I got it !

I now got all the originals of these tunes if anyone wants the boot pls make me a swapsie offer ;)

fugjostle
14th August 2002, 02:22 PM
Mr Shoomingham

What's the details on Lisa Lisa - Let the beat hit 'em (part 2)?

Label and cat no and name and all that? Is the cover a jackson pollock 60's psyhcodelic affair?

much appreciated

---
Fug