PDA

View Full Version : Early 90's track used as promo

vinylman
28th May 2008, 10:14 PM
Hi,

I don't have a sample of this but what I do remember is the DJ Neil Francis in his Invicta Days used a section of this track to introduce his phone in times.

It must have been the early 1990's (92 or 3) and the clip used started with the vocals 'Take Me Higher' female vocals a bit like some of Donna Summer's early stuff (like The Hostage) but not her.

This was followed by an instrumental break of Keyboards and percussion over which the announcer would say 'Call Neil Now' and give the number etc.

I'd be mighty relieved if someone could pull a title from this description. I've tried emailing Neil at Virgin Radio but he's not too good it seems at replying and I've heard nowt.
Thought I'd give the professionals a try.

:thumbsup:

mrshifter
29th May 2008, 11:14 AM
Could be this :confused:

Evolution - Came Outa Nowhere (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvwOgVwDWWw)

vinylman
30th May 2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks mrshifter. This isn't the track although it is a goodie. I flipped thru a few linked tracks on youtube and it was none of them either.
Most of these are much faster than my missing track and tending towards trance. What I seek is more club classic and the percussion rhythm is not that different to the beat used in Madonna's Vogue. Hope this extra info might jog a memory or two>

bailybah
10th June 2008, 06:22 PM
this the one? don't know the name but was recorded in Sir Henry's, Cork in April 92

Meltdown
10th June 2008, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=bailybah;348863]this the one? don't know the name but was recorded in Sir Henry's, Cork in April 92[/QUOTE

Thats Pisces - Take Me Higher

bailybah
10th June 2008, 08:37 PM
nice one, thanks. hope it's the OP's choon

vinylman
11th June 2008, 07:49 PM
thanx guys, unfortunately that don't sound like it either. I did make another posting with more info as below if that helps. The vocals may well have been 'I'll take you higher' the keyboard is a sort of organ sound but not as synthesised as the Pisces track.
I did come across a scrap of paper I scribbled on when I was away that this tune (or a remix of it) was played on UK Radio One at 08.10 am on Wednesday 29 June 2005.
If anyone has a way of accessing the list of what was played from (say) 08.00 to 08.20 that day, it would most likely give me the answer I have sought for some years and I'd be very grateful. For the musical, the notes in the instrumental break repeat E E G A- A--- A A E G- G--- G G F# A- A--- A A E G- G--- G G F# A- etc. (sounds better on a piano rhythm approximate!)