PDA

View Full Version : DnB ID from 1995-ish

stenny
22nd January 2008, 11:25 PM
This is a difficult one.........

I've been trying to ID a DnB tune from about 1995 (heard it on a pirate radio station 13 years ago!!), unfortuantely I don't have an actual clip of the tune available so I will try to describe it from memory.

From what I can remember it was quite a mellow tune and used the 'humpty dump' break, a flute sample (as also used in Jazz by Roni Size) and some nice Rhodes samples. I think it had a typical deep 808 bass line as well.

I have also attached a sample of the humpty dump break and of the flute sample (lifted from the roni size tune mentioned above) as I'm hoping someone somewhere might know the tune just by hearing these sounds.

Any help much appreciated, cheers.

ollyjd1211
23rd January 2008, 12:58 PM
Moby - Feeling So Real (Remix) (http://www.discogs.com/release/20723)
this tune starts with that beat, dont think the flutes in it though.

Dara
23rd January 2008, 03:51 PM
Studio Pressure - The Water Margin / Fusion (http://www.discogs.com/release/306) ??

If not check the clip below (ripped from an old mix of mine but name escapes me temporarily)

stenny
23rd January 2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks ollyjd1211 and Dara for your suggestions.

I own the tunes you both mentioned and it definitely isn't those ones.

What makes things worse is that I originally had a tape recording of the said tune but I threw it away years ago, like a fool.

Dara, it's not the same as the clip you posted either but if you can remember the name of the tune in your clip then please let me know - sounds good!

stenny
18th October 2010, 06:23 PM
*bump*

cypherism
18th October 2010, 10:13 PM
Maybe someone in the next forum down on the list (The D&B) might know

stenny
19th October 2010, 11:21 AM
Maybe someone in the next forum down on the list (The D&B) might know

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I posted this topic a couple of years back - looks like the forums have changed since then - I hadn't noticed, heh.