PDA

View Full Version : vocal sample | ian craig tape | 1997/98ish

jenyank
21st January 2008, 11:01 PM
this isn't a sample from a track (or at least i don't think it is), but it's intro on an old (circa 97, 98) speed garage tape i have.

if i'm wrong and the vocal IS part of the track, the name of it is "show me" (rude boy respect dub) by querelle. the tape was mixed by someone i do not know. his name is ian craig and the tape was distributed by tapekingz (now a rap/r&b label?) out of brooklyn ny.

my question is, does anyone recognize the words to this speech to be able to recognize who might be giving it. i've wondered for the past 10 years now. :D

it goes as follows in a rather heavy british accent, so i may not have it right word-for-word:

starts with claps from the crowd. the man kind of roughly yells...

"i'm not a politician! - i'm a business man -with a sense of HISTORY! and i'm also a LANdonah (londener?). and today - is a day - of GREAT historical significance for london. OUR COUNTRY S'NOT AN ISLAND ANYMORE!...we're a leading, european STATE. [the crowd cheers quietly] and i believe that this is the decade in which london WILL BECOME europe's capital. having cleared away the outdated, we've got MILE after MILE and acre afta acre of LAND for our future prosperity. no other city in the WORLD has got more in it's center such an opportunity for profitable progress. so it's important that the RIGHT people mastermind the new london - PROVEN people with nerve, knowledge and expertise. THAT, ladies and gentleman is why YOU are all here today..."

then it fades out as the beginning shuffle shuffle shuffle of the track comes in.

chiz
22nd January 2008, 07:24 PM
Bob Hoskins in The Long Good Friday
The Long Good Friday (1980) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081070/)

jenyank
23rd January 2008, 12:02 AM
Bob Hoskins in The Long Good Friday
The Long Good Friday (1980) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081070/)

hmmm. :confused:
i'm not finding that. which scene?

chiz
23rd January 2008, 07:24 PM
Just checked my DVD, the speech is about 20 minutes in when Harold is entertaining on a boat on the Thames.

jenyank
7th February 2008, 05:01 AM
Just checked my DVD, the speech is about 20 minutes in when Harold is entertaining on a boat on the Thames.ah yes. indeed. got it.
i didn't think i would EVER find out where that came from. thank you!

~bows; feeds chiz grapes and fans him~

and not bad, if i do say so myself...i was only off by one word.

chiz
7th February 2008, 08:23 PM
~bows; feeds chiz grapes and fans him~

and not bad, if i do say so myself...i was only off by one word.

LOL! You're welcome!

And yes well done on getting the speech almost word perfect :D