PDA

View Full Version : tune id's please

matthew
31st July 2002, 11:41 AM
Hiya all, not been on 4 a while, am gona try again with 1 of my all time wants and a new tune I've recently heard on the tv.

1, old 808 state show tune from about 91/92, very mellow ibiza sounding tune, nicks the tune talk talk - its my life and has the words: 'people', 'family', 'the woman represents the earth, the man represents the sun'

2. Heard this on last nights is harry on the boat on sky one and also is the tune the bbc play all the time on the commonwealth games coverage. Its the background tune played when they do the brief documentaries to a particular event at the games, explaining the event, rules etc... hope somebodies been watching it and knows what I mean ???
to me it sounds like a relaxed breakbeat tune with no words just female vocals like the oohhhs an ahhhhs type sound used on countless many house tunes.

Biskit
31st July 2002, 12:11 PM
Tune 2 is by 'NIGHTMARES ON WAX', you can find it on their rather cool album, titled 'CARBOOT SOUL' :D
Wait a minute, I'll av to double check, I might be gettin another show mixed up here! Anyway, if you like cool vibes, this album is a must!!!