PDA

View Full Version : Tune ID help please!!! Bit Machine sample

clel
8th January 2008, 10:51 AM
Hi,

I've been trying to find the name of this tune for ages, it was the first tune on a mix tape from around 95-97.

It starts with some classic house lyrics (sorry can't remember exactly) but something like the one off Mr Fingers Can U feel it.
Then it kicks in with piano before having the synth riff from Bit Machine - Somebody Real!! (thats the bit i really remember)

I can't find anything on the internet so i think it might be a bootleg.
after searching the forums i thought it might have been dj atomic - atomic house, but i've managed to find that and its not.

help!!!

volpster
17th January 2008, 02:40 PM
could just be the instrumental version of somebody real with an accapella at the start ???

clel
17th January 2008, 03:07 PM
hi volpster,

yeah i think it might be, i've hammered google trying to see if any other tune uses this riff but can't find anything and it hasn't jogged anyones memory.

i think i'm never going to know unless i stumble across the mix tape!!!

TeeMasta
19th January 2008, 03:36 PM
Hi clel. i remember a sample from bit machine (only the piano bit) and its by 'fantastic max'.. i have it on record, i'l dig it out (might take me a while, lol..) if you need anymore info i.e. title coz i'v forgot, but i can remember its is a white label and thats why nothin comes up on google probably..

clel
21st January 2008, 09:35 AM
cheers teemasta, that might be it as reckon it must be a white label.
it could be the dj on the tape was just an absolute genius, but sure there's a vinyl of it somewhere

thanks for your help!!

TeeMasta
3rd February 2008, 01:30 PM
:wave:Hi clel, did you get anywhere with the ID i gave ya..? i bin away so not bin on comp but heres some more info on what i think it might be if ya stil in the dark. its called 'turn it out'... :thumbsup:
Fantastic Max (2) - Turn It Out (http://www.discogs.com/release/545638)

clel
4th February 2008, 09:37 AM
hi teemasta, no sorry i've not been able to find a clip of it.
i've looked through the oldskoolanthemz website and i can't find a sample. there were some samples attached to this forum but they've expired.

i'll keep diggin' google and let you know. cheers for the full name!

waybackwhen
4th February 2008, 03:12 PM
S.S.R. - To Be House (http://www.discogs.com/release/133941)
this samples mr fingers and has the piano thing going! could be this one!

TeeMasta
4th February 2008, 08:00 PM
hi clel,
:eyebrow: l'l dig it out for ya and put it on my computer and send you a clip just to see if it is the 1.. if its the 1 your after i'l send it ya fully...! give us a week or so.. :thumbsup:

clel
5th February 2008, 09:35 AM
cheers mate,

i found a small clip yesterday on here....
http://www.tuneid.com/old-skool-classics/40016-matts-oldskool-needs.html
but it only gives me a bit of the piano so can't really tell

couldn't find much else, there was one on Hard to Find records FANTASTIC MAX - VOLUME 2- BRITISH PROMO 12" (http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR160592) though it didn't have the piano sample and was more oldskool hardcore than house.

fingers crossed
clel

TeeMasta
9th February 2008, 06:18 AM
hi buddy,
:wave: Yeah the clip from matts needs is the one i've got..! as for the hard to find one for sale being oldskool hardcore, maybe coz its a promo & Vol 2.? there seems to be alot of Vol 2's around..! but the one i have is defo not hardcore..! discogs is your best bet anyway. htfr are useless:moonie:...!! phones:although as i was diggin it out and listening it, i was thinking of ya description and i thought it wasn't the one.. there's no vocal at start. but the dj could of put that on with it being the beginning of a tape..! anyway here it is, a bit longer, 34015..! :thumbsup:. let me know coz it'l be interesting to know if you've located this golden talisman, lol...:mad:

clel
12th February 2008, 09:51 AM
arrrr!!! its not the one, although its a top tune

the more i listen to the original bit machine tune the more i think it was a bootleg. you know the "somebody real vs ...." type affair.
i think i'll just have to hope i get lucky and someone knows it.

i've scowered discogs and nowhere mentions any other tunes that sample that synth riff from somebody real.

i keep having to double take now i search in google as this thread comes up :)

do you think any of the other bit machine releases use the same sample? artists do use their winning formula to death sometimes

TeeMasta
14th February 2008, 12:32 AM
Hi mate,
sorry its not the one..:'(!! i did actually think with your description it wasn't the one you were after:naughty:, i just had a feeling that it wasn't right:S..! :confused:but the only thing i can think of is the dj has mixed something into it hiself at the start of the tape, (i.e. acappella) coz on the flip side of somebody real there is a instrumental version which is slightly different without any vocals..! phones: i can clip you a sample to narrow the search down further if you want. just let me know, we'l get there son....!!!!! :thumbsup:

clel
14th February 2008, 09:47 AM
yeah cheers mate, that would help. i could always try and make the tune myself ;)

i really need to find the mix tape it was on. there was one on oldskoolanthemz with ultrahigh before bit machine, but after finding the ultrahigh tune it wasn't this!!! :confused:
it definately didn't have that rap in it that's halfway though bit machine!

do you know which dj's liked showing off using acapella's? i think it was a maxine's or bowlers tape