PDA

View Full Version : Long shot - unknown techno track. no mp3

spaceface
11th July 2007, 08:31 AM
There was a tune i used to love on a tape that i lost over 10 years ago. I'll do my best to describe it, though the tune itself is rather hard to describe since it was only an instrumental...

The tape was labelled Carl Cox one side and Jumping Jack Frost on the other. I've no idea what event it was from but i'd guess it was from around '92 / 93. I'm fairly sure the track i'm after was on the carl cox side.

The most significant thing about the track was the scratching over it. The vocal "Unf***ingbelievable... Unbelievable" was scratched over it for a good couple of minutes. And it really brilliant scratching from what i remember. I haven't heard many carl cox tapes where he was scratching for so long, so maybe it was another dj???

The tune itself was an uplifting (though not melodic) techno track. And the whole song was based around a riff (or maybe it was the baseline) where the scale of the tune rose and then fell. This is a nightmare for a non-musically knowledged guy to describe. Think doh ray me fah soh lah... e.g Up and down the musical scale. Well. It was a techno tune that generally followed that kind of pattern. Up and down the scale for the majority for the track. Somebody once suggested Artemesia - Bits n pieces to me when i described it. It was just that kind of pattern, but its not such a commercial sounding track.

Does anyone think they have any idea what this track is / or what dj mix i'm talking about?

iamdek
11th July 2007, 10:46 AM
I think someone will get this for you ... I'm pretty sure I've got that tape myself somewhere. The scratch I think is actually part of the tune and not something Carl Cox does. The original sample comes from Yello - Unbelievable (Theme From "Ford Fairlane") (http://www.discogs.com/release/161556) but this has been used in untold tunes ... it's just a case of finding which one now :p

ageofhouse.
11th July 2007, 03:47 PM
I suggest you mean Noise Engineer - Lets Go (Fu*k Off Mix)

Noise Engineer - Lets Go (http://www.discogs.com/release/89659)

iamdek
11th July 2007, 08:12 PM
I suggest you mean Noise Engineer - Lets Go (Fu*k Off Mix)

Noise Engineer - Lets Go (http://www.discogs.com/release/89659)

That has to be it ... just gave it a listen and it fits the bill nicely! Attached a sample.

spaceface
11th July 2007, 10:14 PM
Amazing. In less than 24 hours! Looks like my tune description was a bit off, but thats the one. Thanks a ton guys. And who would've known? I always thought the dj's scratching was incredible.....

Hey jamdek, i don't suppose you found out which dj mix you had it on? I would love to get a hold of it again.

Cheers

iamdek
11th July 2007, 10:37 PM
Hey jamdek, i don't suppose you found out which dj mix you had it on? I would love to get a hold of it again.

Fraid not .... I searched my Carl Cox tracklistings for this tune and it turned up nothing. :(

spaceface
12th July 2007, 02:18 AM
No problem mate. Thanks for looking