PDA

View Full Version : Ambient acid house `Your body’

olidsolid
10th July 2007, 12:27 AM
Hello...

I’m after a wicked ambient chilled out acid house track from around 87-89. I only had it on a non-mixed tape which as far as I know is unfortunately long gone.

The description given below is all from a rather jumbled memory that occurred 15 years ago so there might be a few ‘small’ errors in the description. Here goes....

The track started off with a simple broken drum beat which then broke in to the chorus after 2 or 3 bars.

A female vocal started (no beat): (very gently) MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm your body.... ooooooohhhhhhhh (?work?) your body......

I guess the phonetic spelling of the main sample would be..... ya bady

In the background there was a glockenspiel or very similar instrument that started shortly after the chorus.

As the track went on the samples that included the female lyric ‘your body’ continued and became more frequent - ‘I want your body... your body... work your body... move your body’

Near the middle (or possibly towards the end of the track a male sample kicked in – I think after the female vocal had disappeared..... y, y, y, - y, - y, your body... y, y, y, - y, - y, your body

If anyone knows of any track that sounds vaguely similar then please please let me know - i'm sure there might be quite a few.....

Many thanks in advance for all your efforts, Olidsolid. :wave:

BUNKERHEADZ
10th July 2007, 08:42 AM
I deffo know what ya after but can't get on the bloody name....there's a piano in as well if I'm correct.

BUNKERHEADZ
10th July 2007, 09:18 AM
THX 2 Kurt on Soulseek who helped me out:

Nexus 1 - 'Yo Body (http://www.discogs.com/release/159482)

olidsolid
10th July 2007, 12:38 PM
Fantastic!
Thanks so much... Can't believe i'm finally going to have this on vinly - after all these years....!!

Thanks again, (a very happy) Olidsolid...

olidsolid
24th July 2007, 11:03 AM
Sample attached...

Thanks again...:thumbsup:

damago
28th February 2008, 05:53 PM
I've been after the same one, but I think the "yo body" voals in the Nexus track was just sampled over something else - the "glockenspiel" bit mentioned in the original request. I had this on a tape - don't think it was a mix tape, so I think the track exists somewhere out there.. Any ideas?
Thx to the guys for pointing to Nexus 1 - I bought the vinyl and it's brought me a step closer to finding the one I want!

pluto
9th March 2008, 07:53 PM
surely this is = quartz - meltdown

Meltdown
9th March 2008, 08:50 PM
surely this is = quartz - meltdown

Yup i would 2nd that the actual sample is Rock Yo Body i believe but the was also a track by either Masters of the Universe/Skeletor that had this sample in.