PDA

View Full Version : 'everybody in the world, everybody in the world wants the same damn thing'

anthonyf218
5th July 2007, 09:33 PM
bit of a long shot this, and im askin for a mate. Does anyone know of an oldskool tune with the following lyrics:

'everybody in the world, everybody in the world wants the same damn thing'

Now i searched google and it said the lyrics were from Janis Joplin - Ball & Chain, which is what JJ Tribute was sampled from - but its not JJ tribute.

Any help appreciated. :) :thumbsup:

Here's Johnny
5th July 2007, 10:31 PM
Been loads of remixes and mash ups of Asha, might be one

ivan smackhead
5th July 2007, 11:29 PM
Coup D'etat - How Come Ya Gone / Dub Disco (http://www.discogs.com/release/89657)

most likely this. when i got mine from 3-beat in liverpool rob jay had just been down to london and came back with a box of them.
allegedly done by bert bevans and justin berkmann (ministry dj's). rob wrote on my label politix of sound - how come ya gone.

the disco dub on the b-side was completely ripped off by these guys
Girl Next Door, The - Salsoul Nugget (If U Wanna) (http://www.discogs.com/release/31563) . they took the b-side and stuck a vocal on it. literally.

ivan smackhead
5th July 2007, 11:31 PM
^^^ forgot to say it's from about 1993. :thumbsup:

anthonyf218
6th July 2007, 01:08 AM
nice one ivan, will try that that one then, cheers :D:thumbsup:

Noel
6th July 2007, 12:39 PM
the disco dub on the b-side was completely ripped off by these guys Girl Next Door, The - Salsoul Nugget (If U Wanna) (http://www.discogs.com/release/31563) . they took the b-side and stuck a vocal on it. literally.If memory serves the original M & S version of 'Salsoul Nugget' was an instrumental, they just stuck that vocal on once it was popular to make it more appealing to the comercial market (as they do :rolleyes: ). It's just a looped sample from Double Exposure 'Everyman', also used by Victor Siminelli for Sound Of One 'I Know A Place' in 1992. Don't think I've heard this track you mention though.

:)

ivan smackhead
6th July 2007, 02:55 PM
maybe ricky morrison had something to do with that ministry track. it was anonymous after all.

silly thing is noel i had 2 copies and gave one away, to someone who i later found out flogged it for pence at a car booty cos he didn't like it anymore.

that disco dub is funky as hell.

Biskit
6th July 2007, 03:41 PM
its probs this >> Unknown Artist - Everybody In The World (http://www.discogs.com/release/188907) :thumbsup:

cjcooper
23rd July 2007, 01:39 PM
if anyone has an accapella of the everybody in the owrld tune then i would love to have it, the vocal is janis joplin i think and the coup dtat tune was massive with the likes of tenaglia back in the day

Pidge
24th July 2007, 07:30 PM
Pizzaman - Trippin On Sunshine

ivan smackhead
25th July 2007, 09:09 AM
if anyone has an accapella of the everybody in the owrld tune then i would love to have it, the vocal is janis joplin i think

the version used on asha and coup d'etat is from the live version which appears on the woodstock compilation from the 70's. my brother had the tape and i couldn't believe where the vocal was from.
i've looked on the cogs and my brothers version isn't on there (woodstock vol 1) but there is a best of woodstock cd which has it. a quick search on soulseek should sort you out.

cjcooper
28th July 2007, 10:11 PM
the version used on asha and coup d'etat is from the live version which appears on the woodstock compilation from the 70's. my brother had the tape and i couldn't believe where the vocal was from.
i've looked on the cogs and my brothers version isn't on there (woodstock vol 1) but there is a best of woodstock cd which has it. a quick search on soulseek should sort you out.

cheers mate, im struggling big time with soul seek, im on a mac. idiots guide needed i think

RaveyDavey1964
17th November 2020, 08:34 PM
This tune is a white label the copy I have doesn't have an artist but try Hasha as I have seen it on youtube the best version is the one at around 8.51