PDA

View Full Version : Congress - 40 Miles remix?

PaulB
5th January 2007, 02:23 PM
Hi all,

This track was on a very early Sasha @ Shelley's tape I have, approx 1991 and on a later mix done in around 1994, simply titled "oldskool". It's Congress - 40 Miles with male and female vocals/rap over the top.

I can't find any mention anywhere as to what version this is, leaving me to think it was an acapella mixed over the original by Sasha on the Shelley's tape, but the fact that it sounds identical on the slightly newer tape means it must be a remix. Either that or the newer mix DJ pulled off the same acapella mix.

Anyway, I've attached a sample. Any help ID'ing this would be appreciated.

Cheers

ncm
5th January 2007, 02:49 PM
i cant listen to it at the moment but sasha used to play Raze - Bass Power (Accapella) over the top of it:thumbsup:

dancelica
5th January 2007, 03:24 PM
this can't be an accapella..... the tune jumps at 059/60 secs and the tune and vocal jump together..... it must be one track!:S

PaulB
5th January 2007, 03:30 PM
this can't be an accapella..... the tune jumps at 059/60 secs and the tune and vocal jump together..... it must be one track!:S

I had a feeling someone would pick up on that, well spotted!

The jump at 60s is due to Windows Sound Recorder, I can't find the setting to extend the recording duration above 60s so I've joined two 60s clips together.

So, you think Daze - Bass Power mixed over the top? Ok, thanks for that. I've got the original Congress track, will go find the Acapella and dust off the decks then :)

Konspiracy
5th January 2007, 03:43 PM
i cant listen to it at the moment but sasha used to play Raze - Bass Power (Accapella) over the top of it:thumbsup:

Spot on, that clip is Raze - Bass Power (Accapella) over Congress - Better Grooves