PDA

View Full Version : Tracks From Glen Underground - Strictly Jazz Unit vol.1

Pascal Desjardins
1st January 2007, 11:42 AM
:confused:

Hi everyone. A long time ago, I stumbled upon a Glen Underground mixed tape at (of all places) a party Richie Hawtin was throwing in the middle of a cornfield in Chatham Ontario, Canada where Jeff Mills was the dj.
This mixed tape had a yellow cover and had the title, "Strictly Jazz Unit Vol.1" on it. It sounded like this was a recording from a radio show and some of the featured tracks were Mighty Dub Kats "It's Just Another Groove", Paper Music's "Downtime", Groove Collective "I Want You (She's So Heavy) [Eric Kupper remix]" and so on.

At any rate, there are two tracks that were played immediately following the aforementioned Mighty Dub Kats track that I've been trying to find for what seems like an eternity.

The first one has a heavy kickdrum and a bassline that Rob Hood uses for the track "Funky Souls" on this release (www.discogs.com/release 44116) and in the middle of it, a piano riff starts to come in.

The second track played immediately after, has an almost identical sounding kickdrum and what sounds like a vocal sample saying "Get Down..... With Me,eee,ee". It's actually a pretty intense sounding track that would reduce any dancefloor to a sweaty mass of dancing mayhem. and thus, I must get my hands on both of these tracks.

I wish I could provide some audio samples but this tape has been MIA from my collection for too long and I must now resort to this shot in the dark to find my tracks.

Any help is extremely appreciated.

thanks and a happy new year,
Pascal Desjardins