PDA

View Full Version : obscure early 90s UK hardcore / jungle track

max
31st December 2006, 07:12 PM
This is really one for the experts on their early 90s breakbeat.

The following clip is NOT the track I am trying to ID. The clip is taken from a hip-hop track, so ignore the vocals altogether. I've used it because it contains the breakbeat sample that's also used in the track I'm looking for:

breakbeat (http://arcart.org/z_other/ID_these/breakbeat.mp3)

Now, the track I'm looking to ID contains that break, presumably sped up a bit. It was a fairly minimal track as I remember it, mostly just that beat. It's most distinctive feature was a sort of soulful female vocal, which at one point went VERY loud. I remember when Colin Faver played it at Knowledge at the bit where the vocal really went for it people had to cover their ears because it hurt.

I'm afraid I can't give any more info about it, except that it must have been out before 1994 as I last went to Knowledge in 1993. I heard it there at the club and once before on London pirate station Touchdown FM (shouts out, 0891twennyfivetenfourtyeight!!!).

DJ Scratch
4th January 2007, 02:17 AM
I onlt know of 2 hardcore tracks that use that beat. 1 being The Badman which it definately isn't the other is decktition-love rush/same ol thing. I can't find a sample of this anywhere but hopefully it helps.