PDA

View Full Version : Hard to find this Compilation...

aelguera
7th December 2006, 12:19 AM
Well, my name is Alexis and I'm from Lima - Perú, living actually in Santiago - Chile, and I'm trying to find a song that it's included in a Compilation, i think it's from 1992, 1993 or Maybe 1994, it's pure House music, and this compilation beggins with a song called "Keep it Comin - C+C Music Factory" - Brothers in Rhythm Remix, continues with Situation - Yazoo, It's My Life - Dr. Alban, Gipsy Woman - Crystal Waters (a very rare version, almost acapella, just with a piano behind) and Super Model - Ru Paul (a tribal version)... As I said before, I remember i heard this compilation in 1993 in a Club called Splash in Lima... I remember the compilation starts with an Alarm Siren... so that's it... I don't know where can I find it.

Thank you.

Alexis.

aelguera
11th December 2006, 03:14 AM
nobody???!!!:confused:

presuminged
11th December 2006, 03:16 PM
My only thought is that it could be a DMC produced compilation, used in clubs/bars as premixed cds. I'm not sure which it could be or from what year however. This may give you another option in your search though. Hope you track it down. ed

BUNKERHEADZ
11th December 2006, 03:22 PM
Hi there m8,

have ya tried http://www.discogs.com/ already?

Most likely you will find it there if it is an official compilation, if it was a bootleg or a mix the DJ did himself ya have bad luck :(

Go there ^^, enter the artist names in the searchbox and good luck! :)

aelguera
14th December 2006, 08:06 PM
Thank you Very Much, I hope your opinions and advices can help me... I'll try with the DMC Compilations or discogs.com.

Greetings from Chile!!!

presuminged
15th December 2006, 09:52 AM
There is a fairly comprehensive list of releases from DMC on Discogs.Here the link to the labels discography. Ed
http://www.discogs.com/label/DMC

aelguera
18th December 2006, 09:42 PM
Well, I cheked all the pages and I just can't find the compilation, it's a shame because it's a great fantastic Remix, but, it would be nice from you if some can help me with this, Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman... the version is very rare, just a piano and a sound like a star rain, and in the chorus, when she sais la da dee la da da... there's another sound like a "whoa all right... whoa whoa.. all right"...

Any Idea?