PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Artist / Unknown Pop Song From The Early 90's

MikeAbson
6th December 2006, 12:30 AM
I posted this over on the Discogs Forum as well because I didn't know this one existed until afterwards, lol. Anyway, I'm hoping SOMEONE can ID this song. I haven't been able to find anything about it since I first recorded it off the radio about 12 years ago. It's your typical early 90's slow dance / pop song. It sounds like a top 40 track, but I don't recall ever hearing it. Also, sorry if this is not the correct forum to put it in, it's the best one that seems to match it I think. Thanks to anyone that can help, I appreciate it a lot!

Mike.

Edit:

I'm also looking for another song that from what I can remember was a popular top 40 track around 94 / 95. I had taped it off of the radio on 101.9 Fox FM, which is located in Melbourne, Australia. I don't have any samples at the moment, but I will post some lyrics. It was a dance track that was sung by a female, the lyrics sounded something like this...

"I wanna see, I wanna see, I wanna see light, I can see it when I want to, I can see it shine through, I want to see liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!"

Any help on this and the track above would be greatly appreciated, it's been about 15 years...

Mike

DoublePromo
6th December 2006, 04:54 AM
Sounds familiar - but back then the whole "new jack" sound had taken over and there were loads of 1-hit wonders back then like there are now. At first I was thinking it was the r&b group Troop, but it's definitely not them. Good luck.

MikeAbson
6th December 2006, 03:57 PM
Luck I am definitely going to need as so far it has not been on my side with this song, not even Google has helped as far as lyrics are concerned, lol. I appreciate the reply though!

MikeAbson
20th October 2008, 04:59 AM
Well I figured after almost 2 years, I'd give this another shot. If anyone can help identify this song, I'd be very happy :D Thank you!

MikeAbson
9th August 2009, 02:11 PM
I've added another song to this list. I also think this probably belongs in the Retro Dance Anthems section now, maybe a moderator can move it or something

Mike.

MikeAbson
9th August 2014, 12:05 PM
So here I am 8 years later. I reposted the full song on SoundCloud yesterday and mentioned it over at the Discogs Tune ID forum and someone has finally identified it for me!

Song: Harold Travis - La La La
Style: New Jack Swing
Year: Unknown, but most likely 1993/1994

http://www.discogs.com/B-Brown-Posse-B-Brown-Posse/release/3343582
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KSCVDY8GD8

Needless to say I'm pretty happy and ordered the CD new off of eBay :D