PDA

View Full Version : 92 / 93 / 94 Unknowns - Please help

stu w
3rd November 2006, 10:22 PM
Hi All,

Any help with these is much appreciated!! Couple have been up before with no luck..

Track 1 = Tony Humphries 93 - this samples the Cover Girls - Wishin on a Star but plays this sample over & over again..what is it??

Track 2 = Dave Seaman 1994

Track 3 = Danny Rampling 1992

Track 4 = Ali Whitehead 1993 Id'd by Eden as Sain - It's Alright
Track 5 = Ali Whitehead 1993 Id'd by Konspiracy as La Camorra - Te Quiero

Track 6 = Martin Pickard piano ??

Track 7 = Tony Humphries 1993

Thanks!!

Stu.

Frostie
4th November 2006, 12:01 AM
Track 1 samples Djaimin - Give You maybe a remix :confused:

EDEN
4th November 2006, 09:07 AM
Sain/S.A.I.N - It's Alright...if I'm not mistaken, not sure if its part I or II though

stu w
4th November 2006, 08:54 PM
Track 1 samples Djaimin - Give You maybe a remix :confused:

Hi Frostie,
Thanks for your help mate...I wondered too if it were a Give You remix but I don't think so..? The tune also heavily samples the Cover Girls so I wondered if it was a further remix by Todd Terry or Tony Humphries or something but I can't find anything...?

Hi Eden,

Cheers for the id mate. Will investigate to confirm...

Thanks,

Stu.

oldskooltodabone
5th November 2006, 10:40 AM
that tone in the first half comes from a Todd Terry remix on http://www.discogs.com/release/244386

Konspiracy
5th November 2006, 06:18 PM
Ali Whitehead 2 - La Camorra - Te Quiero

http://www.discogs.com/release/267599

Big Up Yer Ronson tune:)

stu w
5th November 2006, 09:14 PM
that tone in the first half comes from a Todd Terry remix on http://www.discogs.com/release/244386

Hi Oldskooltodabone,
Thanks mate..I've got the Cover Girls Promo 12" ( thinking I was buying this tune ) and that tone is on those tracks occassionally, but the tone is repeated over & over again in this track...overall the track sounds familiar so I'm thinking somebody ( maybe Terry or Humphries ) has taken the Cover Girls promo mixes & mixed them again? The promo mixes were from 92, this track I have on 2 tapes both in 93..?

Hi Konspiracy,

A big thanks for the id!!

Cheers,
Stu.

stu w
7th November 2006, 08:16 PM
Bump...anyone?

Noel
10th November 2006, 01:58 PM
The clip isn't long enough to be 100% but i think it's.. The Cover Girls 'Wishing On A Star' (Magic Sessions Vocal Dub)

stu w
12th November 2006, 07:33 AM
The clip isn't long enough to be 100% but i think it's.. The Cover Girls 'Wishing On A Star' (Magic Sessions Vocal Dub)

Hi Noel,

How are you bud?

I thought the same...that this tune was Cover Girls - Wishin on a Star as the dominant tone in this sample is used on the promo mixes of Cover Girls including the Magic Sessions Vocal Dub. However, when I bought the vinyl, it's not one of those remixes..the tone is the same, as are the vocals, yet this tune I'm after continually loops that tone over & over again ( the Magic Sessions Vocal dub uses it only once ). The Magic Sessions were from 1992 yet the 2 tapes I have which play this tune ( Tony Humphries Feb 93 & C J Mackintosh Summer 93 ) are both from 1993? I'm left wondering if someone else remixed the Cover Girls based on the Magic Sessions or if this is a totally different tune..? Anyway, I've attached a longer sample to see if anyone can help?

Cheers,

Stu.

Noel
15th November 2006, 02:25 PM
Hi Noel,

How are you bud?

I thought the same...that this tune was Cover Girls - Wishin on a Star as the dominant tone in this sample is used on the promo mixes of Cover Girls including the Magic Sessions Vocal Dub. However, when I bought the vinyl, it's not one of those remixes..the tone is the same, as are the vocals, yet this tune I'm after continually loops that tone over & over again ( the Magic Sessions Vocal dub uses it only once ). The Magic Sessions were from 1992 yet the 2 tapes I have which play this tune ( Tony Humphries Feb 93 & C J Mackintosh Summer 93 ) are both from 1993? I'm left wondering if someone else remixed the Cover Girls based on the Magic Sessions or if this is a totally different tune..? Anyway, I've attached a longer sample to see if anyone can help?

Cheers,

Stu.
I'm fine thanks mate... how's Oz?

If that's the case, i wouldn't be surprised if it's a Todd Terry tune... possibly on one of the unreleased project ep's... I'm guessing there though!

stu w
16th November 2006, 12:36 AM
I'm fine thanks mate... how's Oz?

If that's the case, i wouldn't be surprised if it's a Todd Terry tune... possibly on one of the unreleased project ep's... I'm guessing there though!

Hi Noel,

Aus is great mate...now living on the Sunshine Coast, north of Brisbane...one big long summer!
I agree that this must be a Todd Terry tune of some sort, it sounds so similar to the Cover Girls promo mixes...just wish I could figure out what???
Thanks mate,

Stu.