PDA

View Full Version : early 90's RARE Detroit

Qpchan
31st October 2006, 07:38 AM
what's this !!!!?? as heard in a september 1993 on a radio show in France played by DJ Deep .... very similar to a 2004 Kenny Larkin track called "seduce her" could it be some unreleased Larkin track ??

Dreamgirl
11th April 2007, 07:58 AM
I dont know whether you got this ID'd but the strings are from a unreleased pre 1993 transmat track, so it might be 2 tracks :)

Qpchan
12th April 2007, 11:57 PM
hi Dreamgirl !!still not Ided this bugger...it sounds exactly like "Beforethereafter" from Derrick May but an earlier version it seems,....anyone knows if a white or TP of that "Beforethereafter" came out around 92-93 ???

Dreamgirl, which unreleased pre 1993 transmat track you're referring about ?

Dreamgirl
13th April 2007, 07:52 AM
I dont know the name - all I know is its from about 1990. Might be the same track we are talking about.

Qpchan
22nd April 2024, 05:57 PM
years later and this still remains a mystery track...if anyone has a clue, could well be on one of those elusive Detroit acetates from the very early 90's but could also be a DAT only thing...anyone in close touch with the french DJ Deep could probably help ;)
ps: DJ Deep had Derrick May living at his place for a while around 1992 if i recall well...

Qpchan
22nd April 2024, 06:15 PM
recording of the radioshow where this track was only ever heard https://www.mixcloud.com/backintosh/dj-deep-special-detroit-fg-982-09161993/ (track starts @54min05')

ps: just realized it's in the TRance forum but it ain't Trance at all...if it is possible to move this thread to the appropriate place, mods are welcome :)

BUNKERHEADZ
22nd April 2024, 08:52 PM
ps: just realized it's in the TRance forum but it ain't Trance at all...if it is possible to move this thread to the appropriate place, mods are welcome :)

Moved it to Old Skool Classics matey :)

This version comes close to the version on https://www.discogs.com/release/11721761-Various-Time-Space.

This other version sounds like DJ Deep is playing something (sounds also Mayish) on top of it.

Its also not the version that is on the stolen DAT from 1990