PDA

View Full Version : early 90's computer voice

shamanixx
19th September 2006, 06:15 PM
Where do this classic sound come from??

It was used in a lot of techno traxx in early 90's, like in QUADROPHONIA "quadrophonia", ALTERN 8 "activ-8", THE MAXX "techno time", etc, etc...

Does exxist a record with an accapella like you can hear in the following sample??

THANXX !!

BUNKERHEADZ
19th September 2006, 06:22 PM
This clip is from this Paris geezer:

Arkanoid - The Story (The Voice Mix) (http://www.discogs.com/release/63979) :thumbsup:

leaky
19th September 2006, 06:29 PM
now then i think this did exist as an acappella, i am 90% that i had this on vynil around 92 but sorry cant name the record it was on, i can remember i once used this on a mix i did, all i can remember was i played it befor zero b - lock up. so could be about the same time, and im sure it mentiond r & s records and something along the lines of saying thankyou to all the djs that supported us..... not much help but may jog some memorys of others reading.....:confused:

leaky
19th September 2006, 06:31 PM
now then i think this did exist as an acappella, i am 90% that i had this on vynil around 92 but sorry cant name the record it was on, i can remember i once used this on a mix i did, all i can remember was i played it befor zero b - lock up. so could be about the same time, and im sure it mentiond r & s records and something along the lines of saying thankyou to all the djs that supported us..... not much help but may jog some memorys of others reading.....:confused:

just realised it says exactly what ive just said on your mp3 clip:$ :$ :$

shamanixx
19th September 2006, 08:01 PM
Thank you very much, BUNKER
:thumbsup:

shamanixx
19th September 2006, 08:05 PM
Do you know if there exxist a software to do the same sound on a computer with my voice?

BUNKERHEADZ
19th September 2006, 11:36 PM
It's just a Vocoder Shama, or try a microphone with some flanger ;)

might come close :)