PDA

View Full Version : 3 '90/'91 I.D's

Biskit
12th July 2002, 11:54 AM
:rotate: I have a load of i.d's waiting 2 be downloaded on2 this site, really early tunes, but I still haven't got it sorted, but I will, coz I'm itchin' 2 know what they are!!

:rotate: 1) Sounds like early Italian bleep/techno, usual 4/4 driving baseline & the unforgettable, either you know it or dont sample....
THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY!!!.... CLOUD CUCKOOLAND...!!

:rotate: 2) Same as above, sounds like early Italian 4/4 bleep/techno, with some chants in part of the song that I can't make out, the 2 samples I can make out are....
:spin: C' C' C' C'MON C'MON
:spin: MILK OF MAGNESIA
:naughty: Now I remember a 'Milk of Magnesia' tune coming out on 'Splish Records', & I'm almost certain it wasn't this!?!?

:rotate: 3) Typical 'WarehousebleepinyerfaceletsrockBlackburn' tune, has the same sounding rhythmic baseline that was nearly used by every producer then, Together-Hardcore uproar/Precinct 13-Listen to your heartbeat/K-Klass-Into the night, but you may of classed this tune as hard then, techno sounding, with another unforgettable sample of a guy saying....
:spin: ER-AH... ER-AH... ER-AH... ER-AH... ER-AH... ER-AH... ER-AH...

No.3 - I.Ded by Skippy

I absolutely want these tunes!! Any ideas?
If I have no luck, I'll try mi damndest 2 get 'em downloaded on2 the site!!

:rotate: I think AL, VA, JONNO, or SIRIUS, may be able to crack these, hope you can guys, hope anybody can!!:thumbsup:

Biskit
12th July 2002, 12:20 PM
Ta Skippy,

Can you post a snippet on2 this thread 4 me to download & check, it will be mostly appreciatted, if it is the 1, i'll be after it on vinyl!

thanks

:thumbsup:

Shooms
12th July 2002, 12:54 PM
I'm with Skippy on this one :thumbsup:

BTW - were there any more Virtual Energy releases ? The 1st ep was an absolute corker :king:

Taff64
12th July 2002, 01:28 PM
no 2 sounds defo like Trigger - Stratosphere if it aint that then theres another tune that I have that uses samples from Trigger but i can't remember the name of it...:( :(

Biskit
12th July 2002, 01:33 PM
Sounds like I've got a definate i.d here, so I'm gonna go with u & Shoomster here........

Track i.d 3) VIRTUAL ENERGY - INFINATE

Is it hard to get a hold of, I'd imagine it will be??

Biskit
12th July 2002, 02:42 PM
:thumbsup: SKIPS, UR A STAAAAR, JUST DOWNLOADED IT, & THATS THE FECKER, 'AV BEEN AFTER IT 4 YEARS, WOT A TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNE! THANX!!:thumbsup:

Fusion
12th July 2002, 04:40 PM
1. sounds like Mister E-Dont believe The Hype

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Shooms
12th July 2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by biskit
Sounds like I've got a definate i.d here, so I'm gonna go with u & Shoomster here........

Track i.d 3) VIRTUAL ENERGY - INFINATE

Is it hard to get a hold of, I'd imagine it will be??

Mate - my local shop has deffo got a copy:

www.groovefinder.co.uk

(ask for Baz)

I might be in the w/e & will dig it out & to one side for ya if u want :thumbsup:

Biskit
12th July 2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Fusion
1. sounds like Mister E-Dont believe The Hype

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Sorry mate, I have that on vinyl!!:D

Biskit
12th July 2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by skippy
yes biskit, what a tune.

it may prove a bit awkward to find as it was only a limited run of pressings.

it's on energy records - cat energ001. there's another cat number in the lead out groove (e001) which has been scratched out, it's probably not relevant tho and was a mistake at the press.

other tunes on the three tracker are 'high' and 'gsi', i'll rip them if u wanna listen as i ain't done those yet.

it was recorded at bus stop studio's in leigh, and distributed by rough trade.

good luck in your search, if i see another i'll grab it for you.

:0)
Found a copy Skippy, iI'm gonna get it ordered, thanx mate!!

Biskit
12th July 2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Taff64
no 2 sounds defo like Trigger - Stratosphere if it aint that then theres another tune that I have that uses samples from Trigger but i can't remember the name of it...:( :(
Did it come out '90/'91, and I'm more than sure its an Italian tune! Can you confirm this!!:rotate:

:rotate: COME ON GUYS< WOTS No.1???:rotate:

Biskit
13th July 2002, 10:09 AM
:rotate: SO FAR No.3 HAS BEEN POSITIVELY I.DED 4 ME (VIRTUAL ENERGY - INFINATE)

:rotate: No.2, TAFF SAYS IT MIGHT BE 'TRIGGER - STRATOSPHERE', CAN ANY1 GIVE ME A BIT OF INFO ON THIS TUNE, YEAR, STYLE, ETC. ETC.

:rotate: No.1, NO LUCK YET, THESE TUNES ARE PRETTY OLD!!:spin:

Mike
13th July 2002, 12:49 PM
Trigger - Stratosphere

Came out on Target Records (Belgian techno label) in 1991

It's a wicked breakbeat tune and has a hip hop sample which is probably from Big Daddy Kane "Rhymes will ease ya, the milk of magnesia"

I have heard 2 mixes played out, the main breakbeat mix and a slightly more technoey mix but both are pretty similar.

Dunno if this is the one you're on about but it's the only track I know that contains the words Milk of Magnesia!!! If you can't find the original anywhere it's available on United Dance anthems 88-92 which if I remember rightly I got from HMV and is still available (the one with the turquoise colour sleeve rather than the black one)

Hope this helps ........

Biskit
13th July 2002, 03:34 PM
Ive sorted it now so |I can upload a sample, I'll start a new thread!!