PDA

View Full Version : Need a Tune I.D please

RICH75
25th July 2006, 11:43 AM
22432I've had a tune on tape for nearly 16 years now and I still haven't got a clue who did it or what its called. If anyone can help me with this, all you ravers out there should be able too.

It samples heart of glass by Blondie, i.e it has the OOOOOOAAAHHHH!!! running through it, but not the actual lyrics. Circa 1991 (ish). As a point of reference I got it on a tape a mate had done me years back with tunes like Total Confusion, Playing with knives, Zero Zero's - The Sanity Clause and Dimension 5's - Utopia on it. Classic Times.

Stay posted, i'll put a sample mp3 on here later.

Cheers

Rich

bouq
25th July 2006, 12:54 PM
Could it be Teulé - Drink On Me discogs (http://www.discogs.com/release/43420) ?

it contains a OOOAAAAHHH!!! yell, amongst other lyrics

it dates from the mentioned time

grtz

if not, that sample could help ;)

BUNKERHEADZ
25th July 2006, 01:04 PM
I'm with Bouq on this one...

http://www.juno.co.uk/search.php?q=teule&precision=all&column=all

Check the link for a soundclip, these are the 'clubby' sounding mix(es), the 'After The Rave' mix is more Techno sounding :thumbsup:

RICH75
25th July 2006, 07:31 PM
Cheers for getting back to me people, was working earlier and couldn't post a reply right away.Had a listen to the teule track and Im pretty sure its not that one. Have a listen to the sample, see if you recognise it.22436

Juan Calot
25th July 2006, 08:08 PM
Actually, Rich. It's this.

http://www.discogs.com/release/80878

I've got it on 12" and was only listening to it the other night.

RICH75
25th July 2006, 09:19 PM
Actually, Rich. It's this.

http://www.discogs.com/release/80878

I've got it on 12" and was only listening to it the other night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks mate, you unbelievable star. Thats absolutely majestic.

Does it also happen to have a p*ss take on Mr Kirks nightmare on it, which basically samples Cubik by 808 state then comes the following speech.... Ahem!!...........

"Producer"
"YES"
"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING USING THIS SAMPLE"
"YES"
"IM SORRY, YOU BETTER COME DOWN TO THE STUDIO, THAT SAMPLE IS DEAD"
"DEAD!! HHH HOW!
"IT DIED OF AN OVER-USE, COME DOWN TO THE STUDIO, THAT SAMPLE IS DEAD"

If the ratpack record doesn't have this, any ideas, it was on the same knackered old tape as Ratpack tune.

cheers

Richard

Juan Calot
25th July 2006, 09:24 PM
I'll check it again, but I'm pretty sure it's only got 4 mixes of the same tune.

RICH75
25th July 2006, 09:31 PM
I reckon that could be a bugger to track down, had a look on Ebay, hard to find, marksclassics & Energyflash records website, not a trace. Only got Searching for my Rizla. DOH!!!

At least I know what to look for now.

Unless of course you could possibly pop us over an Mp3????(or is that a bit cheeky)

Richard

Juan Calot
25th July 2006, 09:37 PM
Just had a quick listen and there's no Cubik or Mr Kirk's sample on there.

I'd do an mp3 for you, but I need to set up my turntable so I can actually put the song on my PC. At the moment I can only listen to the song via the computers speakers.

I'm not actually sure I know what I need to get so I can d/l the songs to the PC

RICH75
25th July 2006, 09:47 PM
No worries mate, you've done me a good service, I was being cheeky. Thats the 1st time in 15-16 years i've actually known what to look for, no matter how rare. Just looked it up on Ratpacks site on MYSPACE. There was only 7000 pressings of that record made. So its quite rare, look after it. If you do get it on mp3 one day, give us a shout... i'll be here.

Anything I can help you with at all?? give us a shout.

p.s. The software I use to record my vinyl to mp3 is Magix Audio Cleaning Lab. Good bit of kit, even gets rid of crackles and pops from the vinyl recordings. Before that I was using Nero media Payer, which did the job well.

Juan Calot
25th July 2006, 09:53 PM
Forget that last post. That Magix Audio Cleaning Lab looks like it could do the job. I'll have to get down to PC World!