PDA

View Full Version : Vocal House tune Maurice Joshua?

ageofhouse.
17th July 2006, 11:38 AM
I know this song is ID-ed a few months ago as Maurice Joshua - I Gotta Hold On U (Steve's Silky Scat Dub) (http://www.discogs.com/release/159978), but i've checked some samples on the internet and it sounds different then this tune.

So, is it on the same 12" or is it totally another artist or song?

Hope someone knows more about it, because I really love this song, some great memories!

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Qpchan
24th July 2006, 05:25 AM
think u got this sample from a Maurice Joshua's mix I've posted here a while ago....and yeah it was Ided as the Silky Scat Dub.....but no proof yet .......are u sure it's not that ???:crazy:

Noel
24th July 2006, 10:15 AM
I've also had it id'd as Silky Scat Dub.

It's deffo one of the mixes of Maurice Joshua Feat Chantay Savage 'I Gotta Hold On U'.

ageofhouse.
24th July 2006, 01:34 PM
Hello all,

Yes indeed Qpchan, I had it from one of your unknowns a few months ago, and I like this song very much, thank you.

I've checked it at www.juno.co.uk, and it's on the cd "Masters At Work - Kings Of House"

Here's a sample of that CD....

I Gotta Hold On You" (Steve's Silky Scat dub) (http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF188780-01-01-14.mp3)

I'm sure believe it's from Maurice Joshua feat Chantay Savage, but dunno what's correct now?

Thanks guys for reaction :thumbsup:

Qpchan
24th July 2006, 07:50 PM
must be a mistake > http://www.urbanized-records.com/e/search/vinyl_detail.cgi?vinyl_id=3266 ...it really seems to be the Scat Dub !:wave:

ageofhouse.
24th July 2006, 08:46 PM
and that's indeed not the one i'm searching for. Check the sample in my first post at the top again....it's really a different song. ;)

LOL...think there's a miscommunication.... I know that my English is not allways very well. :p

cheers. :thumbsup:

Qpchan
25th July 2006, 12:39 AM
no miscommunication ..... I think it's the same track, just taken from a different part of the track, at a different speed, with a different sound effect ...the sample on urbanized is exactly what I have on the Maurice Joshua's mix (the mix where the ID comes from) .... the best way is to get the 12" & check it ..... it's a cheapy one (i've seen it often b4)

ageofhouse.
25th July 2006, 01:33 PM
I've finally found a complete mp3 of this song and i must confess it's indeed the right one.... the first 2 minutes of the song sounds totally different, and it's the sample above.

So it's clear now, i was mistaken and you're absolutely right guys. :$

and now get the vinyl, it's indeed a cheap one.

good work guys. :thumbsup:

Qpchan
25th July 2006, 07:54 PM
:thumbsup: mystery solved .

Noel
26th July 2006, 09:11 AM
I've finally found a complete mp3 of this song
Any chance you could upload it to yousendit for me? I've been after an mp3 of it for a while with no luck. :(

ageofhouse.
26th July 2006, 10:38 AM
No prob....Check your PM. :thumbsup:

cheers.

BUNKERHEADZ
26th July 2006, 09:40 PM
FFS!!! :'(

I was diggin' today and came across this tune, now I remember I forgot to take it with me, damn thing was still sealed for 4 Euro :|