PDA

View Full Version : Ebay gone mad!!

nealohara
1st June 2006, 10:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Q-WORDS-THATS-THE-CHOICE-TRUE-PEOPLE-ORIGINAL1990-ITALY_W0QQitemZ4887023204QQcategoryZ58642QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Like come on!!! That much for an old italo tune???????

Looks like the hysteria that surrounds Ce Ce Roger's "Someday" and the Derrick Carter : Blair "Life" madness is back again.

Crazzzzzzyyyyyy people.

:fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

ivan smackhead
2nd June 2006, 04:50 PM
i've never heard of this record until now. just listened to a clip of it on the ebay site and i'm not impressed. this isn't sour grapes, it just doesn't do anything for me. there were bin loads of italo tunes released and most were shit. the cream rose to the top and they're the ones people remember.

i dunno...maybe this track was big down south but i can't remember hearing it up north (either in a club, in a record shop or a magazine review).

you're right though, the world has gone mad and some loon will probably buy his 2nd copy for £500. makes you wonder, if he thinks it's that good why sell it?

Konspiracy
2nd June 2006, 05:51 PM
Q Words is a typical example of a trophy tune IMO, a few people want it because they perceive it to be rare, others because they are into their italian

It was also on a 4 track bootleg, possibly the most famous 4 tracker in the NW back in the day with Alpha DY, Irene Ortiz and Zhana

It wasnt that big back in the day, I only remember hearing it in a club in 92. However, it was a big Legends track, and it also got a lot of plays at the Zone in Blackpool from 91 onwards I think, altho Biskit would probably know more where the Zone is concerned

Personally I like it, but Ive always been partial to Italian House:)

Have you lads checked out OSA yet? www.olskoolanthemz.com they usually have discussions along these lines about tunes:thumbsup:

dancelica
4th June 2006, 02:59 PM
i spent many months traulling record shops the length of the country trying to track down the original Alpha-dy's Chicago trip... to be met largely by hysterical laughter... and when they stopped rolling round the floor they told me i'd never get it!
So when it came up on e-bay as £130 as a buy now.... i snapped it up!

i know chicago trip is on a different level to the above track ( that i have also never heard of... nor like!).... but i am i now regarded as mad?:fekked: