PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Tune

Phantasy
17th May 2006, 11:46 PM
Sorry for this epic description but including everything I know just in case...

Looking for a tune that I believe was released in the second half of 1990. I had a recording of a show by Chris NRG on Centerforce 88.3 FM and he played it during a set in which he also play Real Love (Obsession) and Techno Symphony from Nexus 21's Progressive Logic E.P (http://www.discogs.com/release/4989). Chris mentioned the Nexus 21 EP had just come out that week so the tape must have been recorded either some time in August 1990 (promo release of Progressive Logic EP) or December 1990 (general release of the EP). KLF's What Time is Love (Pure Trance Original) track was also in the mix I think.

Suffice to say the tape was stolen with a car I once had and I have no sample of the track. However, Subliminal Aurra (Tommy Musto and Victor Simonelli) sampled the track or at least recreated a part for he track in their Mental Mix of Ease The Pressure (http://www.discogs.com/release/34762).

If you have this 12" listen to the last minute or so and you'll here the track break down into just the beats and a very destinctive house stab (this stab riff is part of the track I'm after). Over this stab riff there's a vocal sample which goes: "I need you, need you, need you, need you...I need you, need you..." "Oooh-whoa,whoa whaah..." The vocalist sample is from the accappella Altern 8 used in Active 8 - "I ain't gonna wait no more!". Put the stab break from Ease the pressure with that vocal and you've got the basic tune I'm after.

It was biggish track and I dont think too much of a rarity.

Any ideas gratefully received.

P

doolz
18th May 2006, 12:09 PM
this is bugging me the bleeps at the end of teh tune are from unique 3 teh theme i beleive
the acca sample used is the peech boys - dont make me wait

the stabs are familiar il have to think about it some more

Phantasy
18th May 2006, 07:47 PM
this is bugging me the bleeps at the end of teh tune are from unique 3 teh theme i believe
the acca sample used is the peech boys - dont make me wait

the stabs are familiar il have to think about it some more

Regardng the Peech Boys vocalist (Bernard Fowler), I originally thought exactly the same as you and I'm sure it is a sample of Bernard Fowler singing "I need you." but if you listen to all of the Don't Make Me Wait accappela he never sings "I need you." so either it's from another accappela of Bernard Fowler or perhaps the artist chopped up pieces from the Don't Make Me Wait accappela and pieced them together but I can't see how. I thought it might be "I want you" which is in the Don't Make Me Wait vocal but it doesn't sound like how I remember it over the tune.

Anyway for fear of muddying the waters too much, here's the sample I was referring to in my first message from Subliminal Aurra's Ease The Pressure (Mental Mix). This is definitely a rip-off from the tune I am after and the stab arrangement is identical if not actually sampled. I've looped it a few times to give people more time to get familiar with it and hopefully to ring a bell.

Cheers!

Noel
18th May 2006, 08:06 PM
Think it's Criminal House 'Rhythm Talk' you're after... fucking TUNE! phones:

Phantasy
18th May 2006, 08:38 PM
Mate, you absolute top bloke!!!! You've made my century! That's the one!!!!

Debt of gratitude. Well done and massive thanks!!!! :mad:

Noel
18th May 2006, 08:44 PM
No probs.. welcome to the board :wave:

doolz
18th May 2006, 09:26 PM
ahh knew i had it