PDA

View Full Version : Love Is The Message

Charlie
23rd April 2006, 03:09 PM
Could anyone tell me what mix of Love Inc this is please ?

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=239243F76336E071

My mate has asked me to try and get him a copy of this mix on vinyl but he reckons the released version doesn't feature this mix. It's something I can't really comment on as I have never really liked it and never owned a copy.
Thanx in advance :thumbsup:

zippi1
23rd April 2006, 04:51 PM
Its the love love love mix :D

Charlie
23rd April 2006, 04:53 PM
Are you sure mate because for some reason my mates got it in to his head that the mix that he is after aint on the released version which I know for a fact the Love, Love, Love mix is.

He reckons that the released version is totally different and has a shitty rap on it ?

Pidge
23rd April 2006, 05:23 PM
Yup that is deffo the LOVE LOVE LOVE MIX

just checked it against my full MP3 version and its identical

Your mate is talking pooh pooh!

Charlie
23rd April 2006, 05:27 PM
Cheers for the reply mate but I wouldn't take what an mp3 is labelled up as being the correct answer.

Biskit
23rd April 2006, 05:40 PM
its this 12" charlie >>> http://www.discogs.com/release/262498 :thumbsup:

Charlie
23rd April 2006, 05:50 PM
its this 12" charlie >>> http://www.discogs.com/release/262498 :thumbsup:

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Just been on the phone to someone who I knew had the original mixes on 12" and he assured me that the mix my mate wanted wasn't on there.

When I looked on discogs I noticed that and thought there was a possibility that it could be the Anderson mix.

mstoddy
24th April 2006, 02:32 PM
Yes mate your right its the 'Anderson Mix' your after not the Love,Love,Love mix. As I have that and its not that one.
I'd love a copy of the Anderson mix myself I think it was a DMC tune but, I packed my membership up years ago and I think its was on DMC2/91 just before I joined:@ . Oh well there must be copies going around people are willing to sell.:thumbsup: Happy hunting

Charlie
24th April 2006, 02:52 PM
Cheers for the reply mate.
It's bloody ironic that everytime I try and get info on a tune that a mate wants I get it straight away and 9 times out of 10 the tune in question is easy to get hold of. Picked up a copy of this for my mate last night on ebay for a fiver.
But when it's something I want info on for myself, either no one knows or if they do I can't get hold of the bloody track in question lolol.

mstoddy
25th April 2006, 10:43 AM
Charlie? was it a DMC record you got off ebay? or has it been out on a general release?

Charlie
25th April 2006, 11:10 AM
It was a dmc 12" that I got my mate off ebay but it was on a remix 12" that was released on Love along with the original release.

I couldn't find a single copy of the remix 12" so I searched various different places for the DMC remix 12" and actually found quite a few.
There was definatly more than 1 copy on ebay.

mstoddy
25th April 2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks Charlie just got a copy for a Tenner, bit pricey but its the DMC Feb91 copy so its cheaper than getting a back order from DMC, well when I was a member it was about £25 so I dredd to think what it costs now. :thumbsup:

Charlie
25th April 2006, 11:48 AM
Hey you never know it could turn out to be a complete bargain if the Commission mix of "Do The Bartman" turns out to be a stormer ;) phones::thumbsup:

Konspiracy
25th April 2006, 07:56 PM
Its deffo NOT the Anderson mix

Its the other mix of the 12" that Biskit has put up a link to

It is definitely NOT on the DMC LP

:thumbsup:

Charlie
25th April 2006, 08:05 PM
Its deffo NOT the Anderson mix

Its the other mix of the 12" that Biskit has put up a link to

It is definitely NOT on the DMC LP

:thumbsup:

If that's the case then how come the other mix on the disk that Biskit put a link up for is the "Love, Love, Love mix" ?

I have the original 12" in my possession now and it most certainly isn't the Love, Love, Love mix on that disk, so are you telling me the clever fuckers at Love records decided to release two totally different mixes and call them both the same name ?

Konspiracy
25th April 2006, 08:13 PM
If that's the case then how come the other mix on the disk that Biskit put a link up for is the "Love, Love, Love mix" ?

I have the original 12" in my possession now and it most certainly isn't the Love, Love, Love mix on that disk, so are you telling me the clever fuckers at Love records decided to release two totally different mixes and call them both the same name ?

Yes, you are right, those clever gits at Love Records released a completely different remix 12" Cat No EVOLR1 with 2 mixes, one being the piano mix that everyone knows, and it is called the Love Love Love Mix, but it isnt the same mix as the very common 12" Cat No EVOLX1. Confusing isnt it;)

Keep looking, its reasonably rare, but not impossible to find, Ive had 3 recently but let my spares go

Charlie
25th April 2006, 08:14 PM
I personally couldnt give a shit about it mate, just hoping my mate parts with the cash b4 he plays the fooker lol

mstoddy
26th April 2006, 09:30 AM
It defo is the 'Anderson' mix as if you listen to the 'Nipper' sample with the tune on it it has a very similar breakdown to Peace and Harmony, and the Anderson mix is called 'the Love, Peace and Harmony' mix. Me thinks this will be the tune...... time will tell all. I hope I'm right anyway as I do know they put two releases out EVOLX1 and EVOLR1 ... Clever Barstewards! :thumbsup:

Konspiracy
26th April 2006, 10:45 AM
The mix in the sample on the other page is deffo not the Anderson mix LOL, how many times do I have to say it, its the Love Love Love mix on the Remix EVOLR1 12" by DJ Lelewel , Mirko Limoni , Valerio Semplici

The Anderson mix on this 12" is the same one on the DMC LP, quite similar with the rapping in

Love Inc. (4) - Love Is The Message (Remix)
Label: Love Records
Catalog#: EVOLR 1
Format: 12"
Released: 1991
Genre: Electronic
Style: House
Credits: Engineer - Robin Hancock
Featuring - M.C. Noise
Notes: Written by P. Mills / B. Smith / E. Laird.
Produced by Phil Mills (UFI) & Bruce Smith at Sarm East.
Remixed, arrangement and all additional instrumentation by Steve Anderson for DMC UK.
Remixed by D.Davoli, M.Limoni, V.Semplici and DJ Lowei for GGM Productions.

Rating: 4.3/5 (3 votes) Rate It
Submitted by: Konspiracy

Tracklisting:
A Love Is The Message (The Ideal Solution - Love, Peace and Harmony)
Remix - Steve Anderson
B Love Is The Message (Love, Love, Love Mix)
Remix - DJ Lelewel , Mirko Limoni , Valerio Semplici

mstoddy
26th April 2006, 12:31 PM
Well ok mate I'll take your word for it :confused: there must be two Love, Love, Love mixes thenas I have one which is the 'Love,Love,Love' mix on EXOLX1 and that definately is not the one on the clip. However I don't have a copy of the EVOLR1 to check, Looks like I'll have to find a copy of that somewhere :$ Thanks for putting me straight only wished I'd known that before I'd forked out for the DMC 12" :$ oh well maybe the Anderson mix is ok and who knows the 'Commission's' mix of 'Do the Bartman' may be a corker...LOL phones:

mstoddy
5th May 2006, 09:59 AM
Ok guys you were right :$ I got my DMC copy yesterday and it is very similar to the one Nipper plays BUT, it has too much of MC Noise Rapping in it. So I'll have to shell out more Dollar on fining EXOLVR1 which is hard to track down :@

mstoddy
5th May 2006, 10:15 AM
KONSPIRICY I only wish I'd have seen your message before I'd opted for the 'Buy-it-now' option on Ebay and saved myself a Tenner!! :$ Now I have two copies of EVOLX1 ok one actually jumps now but, its Crap anyway and a DMC copy of the other mix I didn't particularly want :$ oh well back to the drawing board. I'd just like to get a copy with that one last mix I aint got as thats the best mix as all the Crap Rapping is taken out.... Thanks guys I wont be to hasty next time and wait for REAL confirmation that the tune I'm about to buy is the right one :@ :thumbsup: