PDA

View Full Version : Info On 2 Tunes

Charlie
19th April 2006, 08:39 PM
Does the names "Essence Of Dreams" and Emotion EP mean anything to anyone ?

Essence Of Dreams was a big piano tune, released 92-93 era. Had the same lyrics in as Liquid Crystal - Power Within and Reality - Can You Feel It.

Emotion EP is not DJ Roy Silver. It was a white label, came out 93-94, had a track on each side, 1 was very Ultracynic-ish, slow, emotional, piano style, whilst the flip was a bit more having it with the same Female singing on it.
Also it was definatly British.

Any help would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

mrshifter
19th April 2006, 08:49 PM
I used to have a white label with 'Rhythm Of Life - Never Give You Up' on one side and 'Emotion - Untitled' on the flip.

http://www.discogs.com/release/330007

Charlie
19th April 2006, 08:56 PM
No its not that mate but cheers for the quick reply :thumbsup:

Dee-T
19th April 2006, 10:29 PM
Charlie mate, i think the Essence of Dreams tune your on about was on Global Beat Records, i can't find anything on Discogs but i've checked out my copy and Side A is 'Essence of Dreams - Side B is 'Feel The Vibe'.

The cat number on the vinyl is GLOB 001 - but that relates to a different record on Discogs.

Not much but hope it helps

Dave :thumbsup:

Charlie
20th April 2006, 01:07 PM
I had a search for it last night mate and I did find that track on Global Beat but I can't say I recall it being that at all and when I searched for it the only place I could find it on was htfr and they stated that it was from 96. I've got it on a tape that me and my mate did b2b and thats from 93.

If your copy is to hand mate could you play it and see if it fits the description I gave of it at the top of this page please ?

Dee-T
20th April 2006, 05:30 PM
I had a search for it last night mate and I did find that track on Global Beat but I can't say I recall it being that at all and when I searched for it the only place I could find it on was htfr and they stated that it was from 96. I've got it on a tape that me and my mate did b2b and thats from 93.

If your copy is to hand mate could you play it and see if it fits the description I gave of it at the top of this page please ?

Had a listen and it defo includes the same vocal from Reality 'Feel It' :thumbsup:

Charlie
20th April 2006, 05:32 PM
Cheers for that mate :thumbsup:

jonnyp
20th April 2006, 10:52 PM
emotion EP....you not thinking of 'emotion - release yourself' are you?

Mine was/is a four tracker but there might have been another promo? defo very ultracynic sounding stuff tho it was out in 91 I think

Charlie
21st April 2006, 10:59 AM
Any chance of a sample Jonny ?

jonnyp
21st April 2006, 07:46 PM
try this for size...

Charlie
21st April 2006, 07:57 PM
Cheers mate.
Unfortunatly it aint that :( But I really appreciate the reply.

Biskit
23rd April 2006, 08:10 AM
u sure ur not on about 'new class a' >>> http://www.discogs.com/release/389030

jonnyp
23rd April 2006, 08:56 AM
charlie...the only hit I can find (googled) says this from the (now unreachable) vinylvibes website:

"Scape, Essence Of Dreams, Notes, Global Beat, £5.00"

Appears to be another s-cape tune which seems to tally with your 92-93 guess

jonnyp
23rd April 2006, 09:16 AM
you could always take a gamble on this ;)

http://www.musicstack.com/item.cgi?item=160243121&find=

Charlie
23rd April 2006, 03:11 PM
Biskit and Jonny cheers for the replies guys.
Pretty sure it aint what Biskit suggested and I know for fact that it aint S-Cape either Jonny :(
I'll try and provide a sample sometime this week and hopefully that might do the trick.