PDA

View Full Version : Old Italian Tune

Charlie
27th March 2006, 05:35 PM
My mate's been after a tune for quite a while. I have actually posted something similar for him on here before but he got confused with two tunes so what I posted was jibberish.
Anyway here is as much info on the track in question that he can give me

Italian sounding tune, along the lines of Explain - Checkout.
Two men talking at train station.One says to the other "where are you going"
Reply "I am going to the east side"
Possibly a man singing the tune, but could be a woman that sounds like a man lol.
Lyrics something like "one day i'll tell ya baby, i see your ???? face"
After "Face" there is a Doug Lazy sample "like your in the ocean" which is off let the rhythm pump.
More lyrics "You never said you cared for me"
Possibly a whistle noise similar to dj d lite but he is not 100% on that where he is with the rest.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Charlie
23rd April 2006, 03:17 PM
Sorry for bumping this.
Was kinda hoping that someone who hadn't seen it the first time might see it this time and know the track in question :thumbsup:

Charlie
10th January 2010, 01:34 PM
Thought I'd give this another bump.

This track was on a mix by the Commission if that means owt to anyone ???

elimix
10th January 2010, 03:57 PM
Did you check...
"Ex-Plain - Don't You Know?"

Charlie
10th January 2010, 04:26 PM
I've not heard the other track by Explain mate. Is it any good ??

I'm sure it's not the one that my mate's searching for though. I could be wrong but I'm sure he told me it was early 90's and if the info about "Don't You Know" is correct on Discogs then this release is from 1994

elimix
10th January 2010, 04:52 PM
Ok, I don't know the song sorry...

Any samples???

Charlie
11th January 2010, 12:44 PM
No samples mate sorry.
He keeps going on about how it was one of the best Italo House tunes he's ever heard and I think I wanna know what it is more than him and I've never heard it lol.

Meltdown
11th January 2010, 02:11 PM
I have 1 of the guys of The Commision on facebook i will send him a msg see if he can remember. Any idea what year it was?

Also a lot of their mixes were for DMC so maybe u could check discogs some have tracklistings

matteo
11th January 2010, 06:16 PM
heres a sample for ex-plain don't you know
sounds like a 94 version (rmx) of 'check it out' to me

Dee-T
12th January 2010, 09:13 AM
Charlie mate,

Sounds like you and your mate are after Den Harrow - Ocean (wilko production) - not great but that's just my opinion

Den Harrow - Ocean (12") at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Den-Harrow-Ocean/release/293432)

Dave :thumbsup:

Charlie
12th January 2010, 02:48 PM
That's the very one Dave. Not as good as I'd hoped but my mate's chuffed to bits and that's the main thing. Cheers pal your a star :)

Elimix, Meltdown and Matteo thanks very much for your replies, much appreciated :)

DAZZLE808
13th January 2010, 09:24 PM
Aye I'll second those thanks to all that helped, it's cheered him no end and give him summat to be happy about at min.

nice one charlie :thumbsup: