PDA

View Full Version : Pete Tong/Sasha Radio 1 Summer 1992

julianw
27th January 2006, 02:27 AM
These two tracks were recorded off Radio 1 Essential Selection in the summer of 1992 and were part of a continuous mixed set (in which the tracks were not named :crazy: ) I only caught twenty minutes of the set and I've been dying to find out what these tracks are - my mate insists it was a Sasha studio mix and one of the tracks played later in the set was the 'American Natives' track which I know Sasha was playing around that time - can anyone help

17979 - Well Charged Latinos-Latin Prayer (ID'ed by presuminged :thumbsup: )

17980 - No Mass-Hands of Stone (ID'ed by Konspiracy :thumbsup: )

PS The weird flanging effect in track two is because he's playing two copies of the same record together.

dodgymix
27th January 2006, 08:13 AM
These two tracks were recorded off Radio 1 Essential Selection in the summer of 1992 and were part of a continuous mixed set (in which the tracks were not named :crazy: ) I only caught twenty minutes of the set and I've been dying to find out what these tracks are - my mate insists it was a Sasha studio mix and one of the tracks played later in the set was the 'American Natives' track which I know Sasha was playing around that time - can anyone help :confused:

PS The weird flanging effect in track two is because he's playing two copies of the same record together.

do you mean this one

DJ Sasha Radio1 Hot Mix 30th Oct 92

1. E.M.F. - Theyre Here (D:Ream Dream)
2. ??? "move that body, rock that body"
3. Elisa - Love Vibration (Perfecto mix) ffrr
4. Remake vs Inner City - Bladerunner, Till We Meet Again (Perkapella)
5. B.M.EX - Apollonia
6. 2 Bad Mice - Bomb Scare
7. Floor Federation - Music For The Masses
8. London Sound - Ha (Full Rub mix) Total Music
9. Ourtribe - I Believe (rare mix)
10. Jomanda - Never (Band Of Gypsies)
11. B.M.X - Feel The Drop (Renaissance mix)
12. Soundsource - One High "higher, get me high" OM Records
13. Jump - Funkatarium
14. M People - How Can I Love You More (Sasha Remix)

julianw
27th January 2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post this playlist but I don't think its the right one, since I already own a few of these tracks listed here...Actually I'm more and more doubting whether its a Sasha DJ set, probably more likely recorded off one of the very first essential selections.

presuminged
27th January 2006, 12:07 PM
First one is Well Charged Latinos-Latin Prayer. Ed

julianw
27th January 2006, 12:17 PM
Wow -Thanks!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

presuminged
27th January 2006, 12:44 PM
I would say the mix is more likely to be summer '93 as Power of American Natives and Latino Prayer, were released in 1993. I think I can actually remember the mix, and it was Sasha as I recall. He played stuff like Suggestive Advances (Playboy Dub) and Mantra by CJ Bolland. Ed

Konspiracy
27th January 2006, 03:07 PM
2 is No Mass - Hands of Stone

Ive a spare if you want it:thumbsup:

julianw
27th January 2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks a lot! - Have PM'ed you re the track.