PDA

View Full Version : blow - cutter

pilkers
5th July 2002, 07:34 PM
i think there's a white label mix of this tune that that used to get played at loads of raves around 91 ish

the beat was copied by m-d-emm on get down and there was loads of samples through it.

can any1 confirm the tune or better still does any1 have it on mp3??

Jonno
5th July 2002, 07:47 PM
The mix I think you're after is called "Beyond Cutter". It was only released on the promo. This release is pretty rare - Shooms has been after it for a bit. It's also on a bootleg along with Dunne - Espiral.
As for mp3 - I'm fairly sure Al (Rewind) will have it on mp3.

fugjostle
5th July 2002, 08:50 PM
I have that very bootleg.. its got beyond cutter, espirel, genoside2 and another belter that I can't remember. I may have it on MP3 on a CD somewhere... bear with me while I look.

---
Dr Fug

lastnightadj
6th July 2002, 07:50 AM
was this not rabbit city 2 - I am sure that the original release of Blow was under the name Razorboy and the b side was a big tune from that period - but it did not sound like cutter

fugjostle
6th July 2002, 10:32 AM
Isn't Rabbit City 2 the original release of Blow - Cutter? I get confused... the beyond cutter is like three tracks mixed together, one of them sounding like metasm .. it memory serves.

---
fug the unsure

Mike
6th July 2002, 04:10 PM
Rabbit City 2 is Aphex Twin - Analog Bubblebath

You are thinking of Rabbit City 1 which has 2 tunes on it

A: Cutter Mix (as far as I know this is the same as the proper release)

AA: Beyond Control... This was hammered by loads of DJs, I reckon this is the one you are on about, sounds a bit like M D Emm and also samples Go by Moby, and Mentasm by Beltram amongst others.

The pressing I have has no artist credits on it, although I have seen it elsewhere credited to Razorboy & Mirrorman (or something like that) As far as I know both tunes are made by Gordon Matthewman who made Edge recs 1 and ran the edge and rabbit city labels.

If you can put up with using HTFR they have a few copies of this, I saw them last time I was in there. Shouldn't be too hard to get hold of as I have picked up represses / bootlegs of Rabbit City 1, 3, 4 and 5 recently and also Edge recs Vol 2

Hope this helps
Mike

Mike
6th July 2002, 04:11 PM
Should have added yes I have it on mp3 and yes you are welcome to it (if you can put up with my slow connection)
:)

Jonno
6th July 2002, 04:39 PM
I never realised that the bloke behind Cutter was the same bloke who did the Edge releases.

As far as Cutter goes, it looks like there was 2 releases of the same tune.

The release that I've got of the Cutter tune which has elements of Moby and m-d-emm is deffo called "Beyond Cutter". It's the Ten records promo - "Beyond Cutter" is the a-side, "This is Called The Cutter" is the b-side. Both tunes are credited to G Matthewman.

Mike
6th July 2002, 10:43 PM
Yup - Gordon Matthewman - that's him playing the trumpet on Cutter as well

He definitely wrote and produced Edge 1 (Compnded) - not sure about the others though.

Love that early rabbit city stuff, #3 digital domain is another stormer.

whatyadoinsucka
7th July 2002, 05:59 PM
the disc in bradford

www.thedisc.com

has the genaside 2 /blow the cutter/ espiral dune booty in at the moment

pretty cheap as well i tells ya

framer
7th July 2002, 08:04 PM
i have that booty,if ne 1 wants the cutter ripping to mp3 gis a shout

Biskit
7th July 2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Mike
Yup - Gordon Matthewman - that's him playing the trumpet on Cutter as well

He definitely wrote and produced Edge 1 (Compnded) - not sure about the others though.

Love that early rabbit city stuff, #3 digital domain is another stormer.
Jonno learned somethin' and so have I, I never knew that either!:jumpin: