PDA

View Full Version : asked everywhere about this one

chris_c200
1st December 2005, 10:55 PM
So thought Id try this forum.

Maybe it was never released, played on kiss fm around 91 by dave pierce I think. If anyone could name this one, I will be so grateful!! Lyrics are "the world is cold and horrible place" It sounds like a tune that could be popular but everywhere I asked nobody knew, thanks for listening...

ELIMINATION
1st December 2005, 11:58 PM
Sorry mate - no idea

But I am slightly disturbed by the fact that u listen to dave pierce lol:|

::::::ROB::::::

BUNKERHEADZ
2nd December 2005, 08:08 AM
Dunno it m8, but the 1st thing to come to mi mind was this group: Mighty Force (http://www.discogs.com/release/182176)

Your clip is in the same vein as their track Antarctica, same early Progressive House type of sound . . .

But if it turns out to be Eskimos & Egypt I wouldn't be suprised as well :thumbsup:

mcflurry
3rd December 2005, 04:06 AM
Dunno if I agree with the Dave Pearce sentiments..

...he did have genuine credibility once.

Remember it's his voice that introduces arguably the most important hip-hop record ever made (Public Enemy's "It Takes a Nation of Millions...")
and his "Are you ready to make some noise" sample (from the above) has been sampled many times (particularly by "Virtual Reality")

It's just a shame that he's turned into Radio 1's "dance grandad" playing commercial shite to schoolkids.

Some of his Kiss FM shows were ok.

chris_c200
6th December 2005, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the replies. I checked out the mighty force. I have asked some dj's so will wait for their replies. I have tried to email dave as well, im not giving up !

Paul Zykotik
20th December 2005, 08:35 PM
Awesome tune. So good that when I heard this clip last night I had to go on the hunt myself...and someone on b2vos.co.uk has identified it as:

Mantra - Intensify (I Love You) on ZTT Records

It's not on Discogs so it probably isn't that common. I found a copy on Gemm.com today, think there's a few others on there too. The guy who ID'd it was also good enough to put a full mp3 up:

http://www.spread-it.com/dl.php?id=a5fce0d2f7332678cde7df2c68872f970bdfa10e

Wicked stuff!

chris_c200
21st December 2005, 02:26 PM
This has absolutely turned around my day (and year)!

Fantastic I still cant beleive it! Many thanks.