PDA

View Full Version : Something to dance to (not NWA)

tankgirl
29th November 2005, 11:27 PM
Hello everybody,

I am looking for this tune which I think is called "Something 2 Dance 2" and I know it is not by NWA
It is an uplifting hip/hop (maybe early breakbeat) tune from the late 80's, early 90's which uses many scratches breaks and effects
It sounds a bit like Paris (another oldskool hip hop artist, known from "The Devil Made Me Do It" album)

the lyrics start something with:
- I get pissed from a backup list (scratch scratch)
- knock off you wanna geeah..... steppah..... I'm not doing your boss

the chorus goes something like this:
- (do do do, doo do do, do do do) it's just something to dance to
- (do do do, doo do do, do do do)
- deejay and a boy..... it's just something to dance to
- (do do do, doo do do, do do ma-ah ah ah ah..... scratch)
I use, I use, I use use use... I use....

and then in the middle you hear:
- right, left, right, left, FRESH!!

Ok, I think I'm making a fool of myself now, but anyway the "do do do" sample is taken from a famous disco tune (which I can't remember it's name either)

Anyone know this artist's name??
I just figured out the "do do do" sample is the beginning of the track from KC & The Sunshine Band's - Thats The Way (I Like It).

Thanks in advance!

monkeymoo
30th November 2005, 12:56 PM
Hello everybody,

I am looking for this tune which I think is called "Something 2 Dance 2" and I know it is not by NWA
It is an uplifting hip/hop (maybe early breakbeat) tune from the late 80's, early 90's which uses many scratches breaks and effects
It sounds a bit like Paris (another oldskool hip hop artist, known from "The Devil Made Me Do It" album)

the lyrics start something with:
- I get pissed from a backup list (scratch scratch)
- knock off you wanna geeah..... steppah..... I'm not doing your boss

the chorus goes something like this:
- (do do do, doo do do, do do do) it's just something to dance to
- (do do do, doo do do, do do do)
- deejay and a boy..... it's just something to dance to
- (do do do, doo do do, do do ma-ah ah ah ah..... scratch)
I use, I use, I use use use... I use....

and then in the middle you hear:
- right, left, right, left, FRESH!!

Ok, I think I'm making a fool of myself now, but anyway the "do do do" sample is taken from a famous disco tune (which I can't remember it's name either)

Anyone know this artist's name??
I just figured out the "do do do" sample is the beginning of the track from KC & The Sunshine Band's - Thats The Way (I Like It).

Thanks in advance!sounds familiar, will have to report back as my hip hop stuff is crated away. bac soon
;)

monkeymoo
30th November 2005, 01:00 PM
its your lucky day!.....Something To Dance To - White Boy Mike & DJ The Boy 1989 on Jive records :thumbsup: