PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on these 2???

Sonic92
11th November 2005, 12:15 AM
Right, two tracks I recall from old tapes long since stolen or chewed up!

No clips im afraid so any ideas as to what the tracks might be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

1st one was around 1991, female vocal singing "Submission" , (or at least sounded like that) over and over throughout the track. Towards the end she also sings 'going down' ?????

2nd tune was from 1991/92 and sampled Sweet Tee ' I got ya feelin' -
The track used the "Turn Up The Music" lyric over and over with pianos, Im sure it was on an old Vertigo tape I had?

Not much to go on there Im afraid but Im sure someone will know them.....

Cheers

Sonic92 ;)

admin
11th November 2005, 12:23 AM
Right, two tracks I recall from old tapes long since stolen or chewed up!

No clips im afraid so any ideas as to what the tracks might be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

1st one was around 1991, female vocal singing "Submission" , (or at least sounded like that) over and over throughout the track. Towards the end she also sings 'going down' ?????

2nd tune was from 1991/92 and sampled Sweet Tee ' I got ya feelin' -
The track used the "Turn Up The Music" lyric over and over with pianos, Im sure it was on an old Vertigo tape I had?

Not much to go on there Im afraid but Im sure someone will know them.....

Cheers

Sonic92 ;)

that second one could be king monkey - addicted mate, did it go 'turn up the music, turn up the music, turn up the music' and then now n again itl drop in a cheeky 'im a fanatic'. it starts off pretty mellow with a piano whirrin along then builds up and by the end of it its going off big time :D

jonnyp
11th November 2005, 12:27 AM
for the second one are you thinking of the "tallpaul/sweet tee/let me show you" mashup? forget the name of it at the mo but somebody'll know it

Sonic92
11th November 2005, 12:34 AM
No defo not the Tall Paul one, thats a lot more recent than this, defo around 92, Im sure it was on Vertigo or a Scuce tape (anyone remember him!) Could be the King Monkey one, it did have a couple of other lyrics from Sweet Tee in it but mostly Turn Up The Music - dont suppose you have a clip of it do you ?:thumbsup:

admin
11th November 2005, 12:38 AM
ive only got it on vinyl mate and they aint hooked up to me pc im afraid. the sweet tee and k klass piano one is called 'mug 1 - i got the feeling'

Sonic92
11th November 2005, 12:49 AM
Cant see it on Discogs, any details for it????:confused:

Biskit
11th November 2005, 04:18 AM
mug 1 >>> http://www.discogs.com/release/398937

jonnyp
11th November 2005, 08:33 AM
mug1 was the one I was thinking of...but its 97 and youre certain it was much earlier so it wont be that

oldskooldazed (al)
11th November 2005, 01:26 PM
1st one is - nixon feat monica deluxe - submission from 91 on CT recs

ya want the mp3 shout me

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sonic92
11th November 2005, 02:00 PM
Cheers Al, I new someone would get it!! - top tune as I remember it- i'll have a route on GEMM see if I can find a copy of vinyl.

Sonic92:thumbsup:

Sonic92
11th November 2005, 02:01 PM
Sorry Biskit, I actually meant there was no details on Discogs for the King Monkey track - anyone got any info on this????? ;)

Sonic92

stegillard
13th November 2005, 08:20 PM
I reckon the other one is Tin Tin Out feat. Sweet Tee - The Feeling
http://www.discogs.com/release/165039

presuminged
14th November 2005, 12:43 AM
I'd go with Ste with his suggestion of Tin Tin out v Sweet Tee-the feelin, although this was released in 1994. Anyway here's a clip.....

Sonic92
14th November 2005, 07:51 PM
Cheers for the clip Ed but afraid its not that - Im 99% sure its from 1992, ADMIN's suggestion of King Monkey is a possibility, does anyone know anything about this record as I cant see it on Discogs???:confused:

Sonic92

dodgymix
14th November 2005, 07:57 PM
what about dr baker "turn up the music"

there was a belgium tune as well "PLB soundsytem"...target records I think

Sonic92
14th November 2005, 11:59 PM
Its not PLB Dodgy, im not sure about Dr Baker as Ive not heard it, is it a piano track from around 1992??? Do you have a clip?:thumbsup:

Sonic92

itsamomentintime
15th November 2005, 06:50 PM
second one might be

Direckt - I Got Ya Feeling

long shot

Sonic92
15th November 2005, 08:21 PM
No mate, ive got that so its ruled out aswell - :thumbsup:

I think this King Monkey track sounds the most promising so far, anuone got any details on it?????