PDA

View Full Version : Late 93 Ark tunes (Part 2)

mrshifter
25th October 2005, 04:06 PM
Some more tunes from the Ark set. :)

15611 Moby - Move
15612 Bandito - La Morita
15613 Hall Of Jambo - Work your Body
15614 The Flavour - No Matter What U Do (I'm Gonna Get With U)

Cheers guys.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

presuminged
25th October 2005, 04:11 PM
Something is telling me COTTON CLUB???. I've deffo got this somewhere, I'll try and dig it out. Ed

dodgymix
25th October 2005, 04:16 PM
no this is by

the flavour

has a pic of 3 dikes on the cover.

will look for it on discogs

dodgymix
25th October 2005, 04:17 PM
Flavour, The - No Matter What U Do (I'm Gonna Get With U)

Label: Jive
Catalog#: JIVE R 342
Format: 12"
Released: 1993

A2 No Matter What You Do (The Full On Seattle Trance Mix) (6:30)

CANO ...
25th October 2005, 04:58 PM
Id 6 is by moby im sure but cant think of the title ?

Here's Johnny
25th October 2005, 05:49 PM
Id 6 is by moby im sure but cant think of the title ?

Yip

Moby - Move

Konspiracy
25th October 2005, 07:32 PM
Flavour, The - No Matter What U Do (I'm Gonna Get With U)

Label: Jive
Catalog#: JIVE R 342
Format: 12"
Released: 1993

Ah so thats what that is, that was played bloody everywhere back then

Reminds me of getting leathered in the Faversham in Leeds

dodgymix
25th October 2005, 08:54 PM
Ah so thats what that is, that was played bloody everywhere back then

If you want one fella, i've got a spare, you can have it if you want.

I still get it confused with that bloody awful thing on Or records (party faithful or somat...same horns)

ab45
25th October 2005, 10:04 PM
id 8 is

Hall Of Jambo - Work Your Body
http://www.discogs.com/release/77790
:thumbsup:

Biskit
26th October 2005, 02:35 PM

tiz a tune this, i still take it everywhere, n still gets a good reaction, mid funky set :thumbsup:

I might have a spare promo Neil, if ur up for a swap ;)

mrshifter
26th October 2005, 03:22 PM
Great stuff guys. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice to see a tune bring back a bit of nostalgia.

LeedsDJ
28th October 2005, 01:21 PM
7 is Bandita (DJ Vertigo) - La Morita

The b side of this is track 15 on the other Ark post :thumbsup:

mrshifter
28th October 2005, 01:31 PM
Good work mate. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

shiveringgoat
22nd May 2006, 12:01 PM

Did you ever hear Stuart Douglas at the Faversham? - he was one of the buyers from Eastern Bloc in Manchester and was instrumental in getting some amazing rare duby Morales/Tenaglia played...I loved his sound...really slow 120-122bpm all night! - he was the man for me Murk/Tenaglia/Morales and the Levan dub of DJ & Stephy 'Hey Boy' he always played - superb!.....the Faversham had a pretty good system in I believe it was £200k in 1992!

I have one of Stuart's mixes that we did at his house a couple of years ago (he's a design teacher in Lancaster now and doesn't play out anymore) when I asked him to compile an all Morales CD containing some of his best production work (the ones with weird noises in them!)

Remeber Stuart's own record - the Galvatron dub of Angel Moraes 'Heaven Knows' that was a huge Sasha record for ages finally getting picked up on FFRR after Eastern Bloc records put it out first...heady days!

here:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=159887202DAFCB22

Konspiracy
22nd May 2006, 03:54 PM
Cant say I knew him personally but I probably did hear him. TBH I never knew who DJ'd there

I moved to Leeds Sept 92 for University, and I went to the Fav all the time, it was a great boozer:). Fridays and Saturdays nearly always used to start there for a few then off to the Music Factory for Up Yer Ronson / Basics

From what I remember the music policy was very Park / Hacienda style, and Ive got the tune you are on about. I remember reading somewhere that it was by the bloke who DJ'd at the Fav. Its a good tune:)

Did you ever hear Stuart Douglas at the Faversham? - he was one of the buyers from Eastern Bloc in Manchester and was instrumental in getting some amazing rare duby Morales/Tenaglia played...I loved his sound...really slow 120-122bpm all night! - he was the man for me Murk/Tenaglia/Morales and the Levan dub of DJ & Stephy 'Hey Boy' he always played - superb!.....the Faversham had a pretty good system in I believe it was £200k in 1992!

I have one of Stuart's mixes that we did at his house a couple of years ago (he's a design teacher in Lancaster now and doesn't play out anymore) when I asked him to compile an all Morales CD containing some of his best production work (the ones with weird noises in them!)

Remeber Stuart's own record - the Galvatron dub of Angel Moraes 'Heaven Knows' that was a huge Sasha record for ages finally getting picked up on FFRR after Eastern Bloc records put it out first...heady days!

here:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=159887202DAFCB22

shiveringgoat
22nd May 2006, 11:39 PM
Cant say I knew him personally but I probably did hear him. TBH I never knew who DJ'd there

I moved to Leeds Sept 92 for University, and I went to the Fav all the time, it was a great boozer:). Fridays and Saturdays nearly always used to start there for a few then off to the Music Factory for Up Yer Ronson / Basics

From what I remember the music policy was very Park / Hacienda style, and Ive got the tune you are on about. I remember reading somewhere that it was by the bloke who DJ'd at the Fav. Its a good tune:)

It must have been Stuart you heard as he was the main resident there from 1992-1997 - Superb! - they put Danny Tenaglia on there with Kiwi Dreams on a Tribal UK tour in about 1993, and Morales played there too.
Thats where I learnt so much about Quality house music - I have some of Stuartts mix tapes from the Faversham and I will put them to mp3 soon.

Other Big records that were played by Stuart;

Tenaglia mix of Voodoo Ray
The Beloved - 'Deliver Me'
Waterlillies - Tempted
Liberty City - Some Lovin..loads of Murk
Ralph Falcon's - That Sound
Angel Moraes - The Cure
The Grid - Boom
Telltyme - D.S. Groove
Karnak - Calypso Breakdown
Asylum - Down By The River
Soul Familia - Tus Manos

+ nice warm up stuff latino style Jo Claussell etc...

I miss that place...he lost his resedency mainly due to rise in Hip Hop - NASTY!

Also Stu is a really genuine nice guy unlike some of the freaks that worked behind the counter at Eastern Bloc!...

NICE!

Goat:)

shiveringgoat
23rd May 2006, 12:13 AM
The just near the end of Stuart's set he'd play this.......:)..always made me dance like a drunken horse!...and messed with my cheese-box!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=DD1CD21F15BDA411