PDA

View Full Version : . allistair whitehead mixtape

sauce1979
12th July 2005, 10:31 AM
I don't have and audio clip for this tune.

I first heard it on an Allistair whitehead mixtape in 96. He was the only dj I heard playing it but I am sure he wasn't the only one. Around that time he was also playing Boris Dlugosh - Keep Pushing a lot. Keep pushing was aslo on the mixtape. The song that this uknown tune was mixed into on the mixtape was Nikita Warren - I Need You.

The song is a soulful house tune. Male vocal which was quite high pitched. Intro of the song is a catchy base line from a instrument. Possibly base guitar.
Bongos are also present in the song.

The lyrics I remember are:

Music is a way to free the spirit

Dancing is a way to self expression

Rythm is what keeps the people moving

The chorus was something like:

And Music

ah ha ha, ah ha ha, ah huh

ah ha ha, ah ha ha, ah huh

I know it isn't much to go off but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Dj Sauce

Noel
13th July 2005, 10:54 AM
I think the tune your after maybe a cover or remix of an old 70's disco track.. Damon Harris 'It's Music' ..as AW was playing that in '96. I'll see if i can dig out a tape, tonight or tomorrow, with it on & compare the lyrics...

:)

sauce1979
13th July 2005, 11:52 AM
I checked out the tune and your right. Listen, mate you don't understand how long I have been looking for that tune!! 9 years!! Thanks a lot mate. Just bought it off ebay!! I am playing it out this wknd.

Cheers

Biskit
13th July 2005, 12:38 PM
I think the tune your after maybe a cover or remix of an old 70's disco track.. Damon Harris 'It's Music' ..as AW was playing that in '96. I'll see if i can dig out a tape, tonight or tomorrow, with it on & compare the lyrics...

:)

top one Noel :thumbsup:

Noel
14th July 2005, 03:57 PM
I checked out the tune and your right. Listen, mate you don't understand how long I have been looking for that tune!! 9 years!! Thanks a lot mate. Just bought it off ebay!! I am playing it out this wknd.

CheersNo probs dude.. was a 96 mix of Damon Harris then :thumbsup: Hope it goes down well when you play it.

I dug out a tape with it on this morn... Al Whitehead - Ibiza July '96 ..only have 45 mins of it tho. Nikita Warren is in there, Sandy B & Naked Music NYC 'I'll Take You to Love'... Damon Harris is after Boris Dlugosh, but the tune after that is a fantastic piano stormer with female vocal's summat like "it's final, final, get outta my life" & lot's of "do do do, do do do" bits... Anyone any idea what it is?

Hustlers Convention 'Final' from '96 is the only possible i can come up with.

Welcome to the board btw :wave: