PDA

View Full Version : .1989-Throw your hands in the air!

misty eyed raver
10th July 2005, 10:23 AM
In 1989 I used to attend a club called THE BARN where everyone played from Frankie Bones, Matthew b, Carl cox alll played and Mr C was the resident.
In 1989 most weeks someone played a tune that had sirens and a male vocal saying" throw your hands in the air the house is surrounded" I have been after this tune since then and it is possibly the only one from that time I haven't purchased.
Please help.
g

HairyACIDHelmet
10th July 2005, 11:04 AM
In 1989 I used to attend a club called THE BARN where everyone played from Frankie Bones, Matthew b, Carl cox alll played and Mr C was the resident.
In 1989 most weeks someone played a tune that had sirens and a male vocal saying" throw your hands in the air the house is surrounded" I have been after this tune since then and it is possibly the only one from that time I haven't purchased.
Please help.
g
That would be the superb Flame feat Tony Terry - On The Strength (The House Is Surrounded Mix) theres loads on Gemm (http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&disp_ad_format_mode=0&artist=FLAME&LAME&&title=ON+THE+STRENGTH&LAME&&media=12%22) Welcome to the board :thumbsup:

HairyACIDHelmet
10th July 2005, 11:13 AM
Here ya go :p

misty eyed raver
10th July 2005, 06:03 PM
Oh my god, thank you soooooo much. a 16 year search is finally over. :D

HairyACIDHelmet
11th July 2005, 12:41 PM
Oh my god, thank you soooooo much. a 16 year search is finally over. :D
Your welcome mate :thumbsup:

misty eyed raver
11th July 2005, 08:32 PM
Do you know the name of the mix of Kariya let me love you for tonight thats more breakbeaty its not new and the drums are kinda like bombscare 2 bad mice. Over the years i have bought about 8 different versions but never this one.
Also from 89/90 there was a bass heavy track with the vocal-so loose so funky and u wanna funk I wanna funk- I know its vague!!!

HairyACIDHelmet
11th July 2005, 09:56 PM
Do you know the name of the mix of Kariya let me love you for tonight thats more breakbeaty its not new and the drums are kinda like bombscare 2 bad mice. Over the years i have bought about 8 different versions but never this one.
Also from 89/90 there was a bass heavy track with the vocal-so loose so funky and u wanna funk I wanna funk- I know its vague!!!
The one i have is This (http://www.discogs.com/release/120152) but there was another one on W/L but i don't know if it's the same :confused: As for the other track your after it sounds like This ( http://www.discogs.com/release/139103) to me,Track B2 ;)

Hope this helps mate :thumbsup:

misty eyed raver
12th July 2005, 11:07 PM
100% sucess rate, I am impressed. Did you go to all the parties back in the day or are you collector with knowledge?
Cheers.

admin
12th July 2005, 11:30 PM
great work hairyacid top id'in there mate :thumbsup:

and welcome to the forum mistyeyedraver :wave:

HairyACIDHelmet
13th July 2005, 11:00 AM
100% sucess rate, I am impressed. Did you go to all the parties back in the day or are you collector with knowledge?
Cheers.
Your more than welcome fella :thumbsup: As for parties back in the day i'm pleased to say yes,i went to a few ;) & i still collect records.As to knowledge though,theres a load of peeps on here who put me to shame.Your in very good company here :thumbsup:

HairyACIDHelmet
13th July 2005, 11:01 AM
great work hairyacid top id'in there mate :thumbsup:
Cheers fella :thumbsup: