PDA

View Full Version : Warm 93 D & B tune (Ratty/Pilgrim @ Quest 2nd Birthday)

wile e. coyote
23rd June 2005, 10:18 PM
It's a long shot but does anyone recognise a nice warm 1993 drum & bass tune, which samples the 'yeah' female vocal from the piano classic 'Reach to the top' by the Rapino Brothers? It was the opener on a 1993 Kenny Ken Studio-Line tape I heard, and was also played on the Ratty/Pilgrim set from Quest's 2nd Birthday in 1993 (Hardcorewillneverdie.com has the set, and the tune comes in at 9 mins 12 secs). Other than that I've nothing more to go on, but it's a winner!

Cheers

Dest
24th June 2005, 10:56 AM
The tune playing at 9 mins on HWND is the simply rolling remix of XLR8 - Whats my name. Then the tune that comes in next (break down at 9:48) is Studio Pressure - Jump - Certificate 18

Cant hear any "yeah" vocal though?

Dest
24th June 2005, 10:57 AM
Forget that lol, just heard abit more of the tune.
Its definitly Jump at you are after.
Wicked tune, one of my favourites ever, its VERY VERY hard to get hold of!
I was lucky enough to find mine for 3 quid on a market stall :)

wile e. coyote
26th June 2005, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the hints - the 2 tunes are well mixed which makes it hard to differentiate between the 2. HWND's site has a clip of 'jump 2' but the tune I'm after is the one which is playing at 9.12 - it's a nice warm riff but only plays briefly - from what you say below it must be near the end of the XLR8? No doubt it'll be another rarity but I guess that's the buzz of vinyl collecting!

(the 'yeah' vocal is in the Studio Pressure tune, I only recognise it cos I've got the tune it's from)

thanks guys

raydn
26th June 2005, 12:32 AM
is this side 1 or 2 ?

wile e. coyote
26th June 2005, 10:31 PM
Dunno, on HWND there's only side 1 available? it's down as side 1 though.

Dest
27th June 2005, 12:44 PM
Right, the tune you want is XLR8 - Whats my name (Technical timestretch mix) - Advance

Its on ADV001 - Whats my name EP, along with 2 other wicked remixes and the original

wile e. coyote
28th June 2005, 09:58 PM
Thanks mate, I'll keep an eye out for it, cheers