PDA

View Full Version : Big help needed, who's is this white rabbit??

zoom
6th June 2005, 09:28 PM
Its been a 13+ year mission, I got it on a tape from a mate in London around 91, since then i have endlessy searched for any information as to who it is.

I need this record.

The link is the full tune:

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Z7PMGMG673CZ3HFX5F160K621

Anyone, anywhere??

-Zoom

PS : recognise any samples in it anyone ;)

marchwiel
8th June 2005, 12:14 PM
Blimey, real blast from the past this one. I'm pretty sure I've got this somewhere, but I can't remember what it is for deffo. :$

However, I can tell you that the vocal is 100% deffo Grace Slick and the tune it samples is White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.

Therefore, if I had to guess what your sample is I think it is this The Airplane Crashers (White Rabbit) (http://www.discogs.com/release/78747)

However, I'd try to get this confirmed by someone before you buy it. :thumbsup:

zoom
8th June 2005, 08:24 PM
Yeah, jefferson airplane (im an old hippy :) ) Its NOT grace slick tho, its a quite good imitation BUT not the real lass. Dya recognise any of the samples running in the background?

The Dukes of Stratosphear (aka XTC)
Paul McCartney
Timothy Leary
The Beatles - its all too much

Theres more that i just cant put my finger on yet, saying that ive had this tune on a tape since '91. I gotta find out who it is though. Been driving me nuts for years. :S

Zoom.

zoom
29th June 2005, 05:21 PM
AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!

I got it, It arrived today in the post, apparently SACHA had something to do with this and its supposed to be rare as hell???

The artist is ADVENTURES UNDERGROUND - white rabbit.

I'm chuffed ta bits, my mission is over.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Zoom.

zoom
29th June 2005, 05:23 PM
Cant find it on Discogs tho which suprises me.......

:|

Z.

Konspiracy
29th June 2005, 08:24 PM
Oh fuck, sorry Zoomtang, Ive got this, I got it free from Eastern Bloc years ago in a pile of tunes. I dont think Ive listened to it since I got it :S

zoom
29th June 2005, 08:49 PM
So that means you can sell it me for next to nothing then...?

;)

Z.

marchwiel
19th July 2005, 02:42 PM
Yep, another classic piece of memory work from me there ;) . Record artist begins with A, tune called White Rabbit, I was nealry right then. I do have it too, sadly not thinking of selling it, you've re-kindled my love of it.