PDA

View Full Version : Massive Long Shot

Charlie
12th May 2005, 12:06 PM
I heard a tune some years ago,early 90's, that was on tape from Rumours in Carlisle which unfortunatly I no longer have so I cant provide a sample.

It was the kinda tune that made the hairs stand up on the back of your neck, an emotional tune that had a very sexy/haunting female vocal in it, which I can't remember, but the part of the tune that I am hoping someone might be able to pick up on is a sample from Doug Lazy - Let It Roll.

It wasn't a rap sample but the little riff that runs throughout the tune.

I know thats very little to go on but if anyone has any idea at all what it could be please, please, please let me know.

At the time it was one of the best tunes I have ever heard and one that I would quite possibly kill for lol.

Thanks in advance.

pluto
12th May 2005, 12:14 PM
possibly the b side mix of raw sex - suck it deep?

Charlie
12th May 2005, 12:22 PM
How old is that mate and I dont suppose you have a sample of it or could give me a bit of a description of it could ya ?

Charlie
12th May 2005, 12:32 PM
I have just listened to the sample of the a-side of that Raw Sex track mate on htfr and it doesn't sound anything like it tbh.

When I said sexy vocal I didn't mean someone talking about sex lol she just had a really nice voice which was quite emotional.

pluto
12th May 2005, 12:35 PM
soz , was the doug lazy sample i was thinking of

Charlie
12th May 2005, 12:45 PM
No bother mate.
Cheers anyway.

djdabone
12th May 2005, 01:42 PM
Not sure but it could be India - Right from the start from (1989)

I have the 12" one of the mixes has the doug lazy sample going through it

Later on today I can rip a sample of it and throw it on here

it's on discogs here
http://www.discogs.com/release/127693

Charlie
12th May 2005, 01:59 PM
I have just had a listen to one of the samples on htfr mate and I have a feeling that it might just be that India track although the sample I listened to is pretty crap and has no vocals on it.

If you could rip it for me I'd really appreciate it mate.

djdabone
12th May 2005, 08:26 PM
I just ripped this sample for ya, I hope its it. If not I hope ya find it.

if it is the song and ya want a good copy in mp3 hit me up at [email protected]

Charlie
12th May 2005, 10:09 PM
Woohoo yeah mate that's the very one :D
I dont believe I have actually found out what it is after all this time. It must be at least 12 years since I heard it and I'd began to think that I'd never find out what it was.

Just been speaking to someone who thinks he might have a copy that he can let me have but I wouldn't mind an mp3 of it to keep me going.

Just formatted the pc so I actually haven't got Yahoo or ICQ installed. I have got MSN and AOL if you have either of them ?

If not is there any chance your could email it to me at either [email protected] or [email protected] ?

Cheers once again mate your a star :D

djdabone
12th May 2005, 10:33 PM
on it's way let me know if ya get it

I'll try the aol email address first

Charlie
13th May 2005, 09:23 AM
djdabone sorry I didn't reply earlier mate. The mrs wanted an early night so I went to bed after I'd gave you my email addy's last night.

I have got your email this morning and I am chuffed to bits mate :D

Had it on 3 times already whislt I was having my breakfast lol.

Once again mate thanks very much for that, it was much appreciated :thumbsup:

marchwiel
17th May 2005, 12:12 PM
Not sure but it could be India - Right from the start from (1989)

Nice work mate. :thumbsup: