PDA

View Full Version : A couple of hardcore tunes early 1990s

MarcusJ
8th May 2005, 01:04 PM
This is my first thread, so please bear with me...

Can anyone id two tunes that remain a mystery to this day. No clips so I'll have to describe them.

First one is old skool hardcore. It is supposedly called "Jaws" AKA "Just when you thougt it was safe" ans apprently it is by DJ Excel. A-Z on Pulse FM gave this info but i don't think it's right. The sample used just before it all kicks off is from Jaws - "I'll find him for 5 but i'll catch him and kill him for 10"

Second tune is a bit less obscure - the last tune on the Top Buzz set NYE 1991. The sample is "we are about to take LSD" repeated before tune drops.

If any of you geniuses can help, I'll be a very happy man. :)

doolz
8th May 2005, 01:06 PM
This is my first thread, so please bear with me...

Can anyone id two tunes that remain a mystery to this day. No clips so I'll have to describe them.

First one is old skool hardcore. It is supposedly called "Jaws" AKA "Just when you thougt it was safe" ans apprently it is by DJ Excel. A-Z on Pulse FM gave this info but i don't think it's right. The sample used just before it all kicks off is from Jaws - "I'll find him for 5 but i'll catch him and kill him for 10"

Second tune is a bit less obscure - the last tune on the Top Buzz set NYE 1991. The sample is "we are about to take LSD" repeated before tune drops.

If any of you geniuses can help, I'll be a very happy man. :)

jaws one is dj excel - just when you thought it was sfae

MarcusJ
8th May 2005, 02:57 PM
Doolz, you're a genius. Many thanks,

Mike
8th May 2005, 03:25 PM

That's 2 Boasters - LSD, on a white label catalogue number is SHARE002, think it was something to do with Reel 2 Reel.

Mike
8th May 2005, 03:26 PM
Discogs link:

http://www.discogs.com/release/175342

MarcusJ
8th May 2005, 04:41 PM
Mike, you're a genius too. Many thanks... :)