PDA

View Full Version : DHP Mix 21 - Farley WBMX 1988

Mister_DJ
6th May 2005, 06:04 PM
Couple of unknowns on this set. The last one is all I've got before the mix cuts out.

Mart
:rolleyes:

Noel
7th May 2005, 09:27 AM
4 & 10 must be summat to do with Vince Montana... poss Salsoul Orchestra tunes?

Mister_DJ
7th May 2005, 10:11 AM
I was thinking that too. Will try and track down some samples off the net and work my way thru them...:thumbsup:

Cheers Noel. Lol - was beginning to think I was all on my own down here!

Mart

Noel
7th May 2005, 10:57 AM
Cheers Noel. Lol - was beginning to think I was all on my own down here!No worries.. think it's coz the last few sets of id's you've put up are quite hard mate! ;)

Just read your post on OSA about the archives on the DHP comming back online soon.. cheers for that info as i was begining to wonder what was going on! I've got most of the older mixes i like saved but there's a Ron Hardy one i missed at the time that I've been trying to d\l. :)

Konspiracy
7th May 2005, 11:28 AM
Track 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of mi most wanteds, this is the tune I was trying to describe on another thread

Pickering played it on NYD

Someone please get it :D

Geeky
7th May 2005, 02:06 PM
Neil, number 10 is from the end part of...

MFSB feat The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)

:thumbsup:

Geeky
7th May 2005, 02:27 PM
14 is...

Lenny Williams - Midnight Girl.

:wave:

Mister_DJ
7th May 2005, 03:42 PM

Of course it is. I knew it was familiar...:$ Top spotting Geeky, thank-you very much :thumbsup:

Mart

Mister_DJ
7th May 2005, 03:43 PM
14 is...

Lenny Williams - Midnight Girl.

:wave:

Wow! Superb id Geeky. Thank-you very much. I thought that this one would remain unsolved for a good while as it was so short. Great skills...:thumbsup: :cool:

Mart

Geeky
7th May 2005, 03:58 PM
Nay problem! :hubba: :D

Mister_DJ
8th May 2005, 05:46 PM
Found Track 4 after a scout on the net for samples.

Its MFSB - "Love Is The Message"

Just one more to find now.

Mart

Konspiracy
9th May 2005, 10:12 AM

Wahey Nice one Neil, Ive seen that mentioned loads but never checked it out

Does anybody know whether the vocal in the sample was used in the early 90s? Im wondering if it got a remix. Pickering deffo played something along those lines on NYD

Geeky
9th May 2005, 12:13 PM
Wahey Nice one Neil, Ive seen that mentioned loads but never checked it out

Does anybody know whether the vocal in the sample was used in the early 90s? Im wondering if it got a remix. Pickering deffo played something along those lines on NYD
I'd imagine this tune has taken a hammering over the years with a sampler, so Its pretty likely there is a remix or a remake of it somewhere out there...

Have to get on the good old fashioned search. ;)

bucky
11th May 2005, 12:39 PM
Yo Neil

The track Pickering played on NYD was

Johnny Vicious VS MFSB - TSOP / Buttburglar on Network (http://www.discogs.com/release/42513)

Ace record at the time - I've re-edited Johnny Vicious' version brought it up to date and removed some of those big sounds in the break downs he always used.