PDA

View Full Version : 14 years on and i still don't know

mickmacmad
4th May 2005, 01:07 AM
Can anyone help identify these two tracks (especially the second one) played by Mr Graeme Park at the Hacienda on the 17th August 1991. If so you will be helping me solve a problem that has dogged me and my record collection for some 14 years
Ta

shamanixx
5th May 2005, 02:49 PM
Are you sure that you've recorded these traxx in 1991???
I think it was after 91: 1992 or 1993 because I don't recognize the typical sound of 1989-1991.

:-)

Noel
5th May 2005, 02:56 PM
They are from '91 ..I have the 2nd one on a G Park Hac set from July '91. Unfortunately I don't know it either.. :(

Konspiracy
5th May 2005, 03:57 PM
The 2nd one is v familiar, probably Italian, too many samples to be anything else..

17th August 1991, deffo there that night, we'd just got back from the ballyerics ;)

mickmacmad
5th May 2005, 08:27 PM
Are you sure that you've recorded these traxx in 1991???
I think it was after 91: 1992 or 1993 because I don't recognize the typical sound of 1989-1991.

:-)

Yes its definatley that date, its the reason why I moved up North from S Wales as I hadn't heard anything like it. One month later I was living in Stoke. Thanks anyway

PtheDJ
5th May 2005, 08:30 PM
Oh man.. I have that second track on a Parkie tape form 91 too.. Ive been trying to find the title for years also.. dunno if this will help, but around 1992 i played a party and there was a crate of tunes there, i was ratching through, listening to a few and that tune was one of them.. Now i remember it had a purple cover with cog wheels on!! Dunno if that is of any help to anyone, might jog someones memory!! :)

mickmacmad
5th May 2005, 08:47 PM
They are from '91 ..I have the 2nd one on a G Park Hac set from July '91. Unfortunately I don't know it either.. :(

Shame I was hoping you would know it as you seem to an expert at IDing GP sets. When I get a bit more able, I will have a go at IDing the set myself, its the only old DJ tape that I listen to with any regularity, lots on it that I don't know, its one of GP's deeper and instrumental sets and in my veiw his best from around that time. TA

mickmacmad
5th May 2005, 09:00 PM
The 2nd one is v familiar, probably Italian, too many samples to be anything else..

17th August 1991, deffo there that night, we'd just got back from the ballyerics ;)

The search goes on....hopefully not for another 14 years. I know the 2nd track has lots of samples although the 'its not over' is just GP mixing out of DOP 'take me'. The ' passion devotion' sample I seem to remember on some detroit sounding 10 track on Network - I'd like to find that as well. Thanks anyway.

Noel
6th May 2005, 01:30 PM
Shame I was hoping you would know it as you seem to an expert at IDing GP sets. When I get a bit more able, I will have a go at IDing the set myself, its the only old DJ tape that I listen to with any regularity, lots on it that I don't know, its one of GP's deeper and instrumental sets and in my veiw his best from around that time. TATrust me there's peeps on here with far more tune knowledge than me!! Yeah, when you get time stick a tracklist & the rest of the unknowns up :thumbsup:

The search goes on....hopefully not for another 14 years. I know the 2nd track has lots of samples although the 'its not over' is just GP mixing out of DOP 'take me'. The ' passion devotion' sample I seem to remember on some detroit sounding 10 track on Network - I'd like to find that as well. Thanks anyway.The main vocals sampled in the 2nd track are from Siedah Garrett 'K.I.S.S.I.N.G.', however the "passion devotion" sample comes from K-Os\KAOS 'Definition Of Love'.

Edinjapan
10th May 2005, 07:23 AM
You should send a clip to the man himself at the Key 103 website. He might be able to help? He seems pretty friendly and I know he reads e mails out on his show all the time.

Best of luck
Ed

glenn
30th May 2007, 07:11 PM
found this thread by mistake really:S ..any ways the first one is hearsay-move yo body on bottom line records!:thumbsup: ........its on a pinky chukkles mix!