PDA

View Full Version : where shall i put these tunes!!

closecon
14th April 2005, 09:27 AM
didnt quite know where to post this selection so ill bang em here and see what you make of them.hope i dont get laughed off site cos personally i think there good tunes. :confused:
i dont really know what to call the style of tunes all i can tell you is ive got them off a double six mix thing.88 or 89 at latest 90.anyway thanks in advance and thanks to all who helped out on the frankie bones energy id's. :D :D

7 sounds like madonna!doesnt it??

BUNKERHEADZ
14th April 2005, 09:42 AM
Style = FREESTYLE or Latin Hiphop as some may call it :mad:

the sound of NY, Miami mid to end 80's etc.

Labels like Cutting, Midnight Sun, MicMac :thumbsup:

dunno any of them tho, but they are sounding very good!

Noel
14th April 2005, 09:44 AM
Sorry don't know any of em but I think these kind of tunes are from the US in the late 80's & were known as 'Freestyle'.

I'd prob have put them in the misc section meself.

:)

Mister_DJ
14th April 2005, 10:41 AM
First one is Soave - "Crying Over You" on Mic Mac

:thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes:

Mister_DJ
14th April 2005, 10:47 AM
I think 5 is Lisette Melendez but I'll have to come back on that one...:$

Track 7 is a tuuuunnnne.

Its Sa-Fire - "Gonna Make It" on Mercury

Nice one for upping these. I love stuff like this - 80's WBMX style tunes - wicked...:thumbsup:

Mart

closecon
14th April 2005, 11:26 AM
cheers peeps,thought these might have been tough but you ve sailed through them(as always).mister dj if you can confirm 5 you shall be praised 4 eva(5 for me is the best).CHEERS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :moonie:

closecon
14th April 2005, 11:31 AM
Ps .can Any Of You Recommend Some Similiar Stuff.ta!!! :d

closecon
14th April 2005, 11:46 AM
MISTER DJ,I GOT A RALPHIE ROS SET SHORT WHILE AGO(I THINK FROM HERE). ON WBMX PLAYING SOME RIGHT TUNEAGE.DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT DO YOU? :turn:

Mister_DJ
14th April 2005, 12:20 PM
No problems.

I can't find Lisette but it sounds a bit like her on vocals - I'm not 100% sure tho. Deffo check out her tune 'A Day In My Life' tho on Fever records if you like your freestyle...:heart: :thumbsup: Its wicked imho.

Here's some info on freestyle and some key artists...

http://www.mp3.com/freestyle/genre/257/levelthree.html#desc

Also Bunkerz recommendations of Mic Mac, Cutting etc. They have some good quality freestyle tunes on them.

Lol: re Ralphi Rosario. I was going to recommend u listen to some of his early mixes on www.deephousepage.com (http://www.deephousepage.com/) which is prolly where your one is from.

In fact try any WBMX mixes around the early to mid 80s. They tend to play tunes like this and lots of Italo stuff too that you might be into aswell.

I'm not sure which Ralph mix you mean but if u have a link or some info I could try and see if I can nail any tunes on it....:thumbsup:

Mart

BUNKERHEADZ
14th April 2005, 07:34 PM
and to see it ain't dead visit the MicMac site:

And have a listen, they have even new mixes of 2 Without Hats! :thumbsup: (http://www.micmacrecords.com/domain/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=7)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :mad:

closecon
14th April 2005, 11:10 PM
Cheers All And Thanks For The Links,very Good They Be!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d