PDA

View Full Version : House 93 - the droning lady - ladadadeedadadadaaaaadadadedaaaadaaaa

vapester
20th February 2005, 09:02 PM
.....this one was pretty a fresh invigorating house tune when it came out. The one with the droning lady that kinda slowly entranced you with her beautiful but lazy hook that just cycled over and over throughout the song...."LADA - DADADADEEDEEDAAAAADAAAA- DADEEDEEDAAAADAAA - DADEEDEEDAAAADAAAA. Slow tempo, deep house, really mesmerizing beat, started off with a few drum snaps while the beat started then just trapped you. I have it on a tape I made but don't have the info on it. Would like to get it on wax...anyone???

digthemusic
20th February 2005, 09:28 PM
Is`nt this opus III-its a fine day???? :D

vapester
20th February 2005, 09:57 PM
...no, there really weren't any lyrics, just the lady's chant over and over, although, that was about the speed of it.

ab45
20th February 2005, 10:35 PM
hmmm
could it possibly be
Transform - Transformations phones:
http://www.discogs.com/release/134727
this a bit acidy, there were remixes.The vocal may be it??????

BUNKERHEADZ
21st February 2005, 08:13 AM
That hook is deffo from Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman, maybe a '93 remix?!

Check DISCOGS for more info m8 ;)

ab45
21st February 2005, 09:13 AM
That hook is deffo from Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman, maybe a '93 remix?!

Check DISCOGS for more info m8 ;)

Doh!
Totally agree m8 :)

vapester
21st February 2005, 06:23 PM
....hmmmm, no i'm 95% sure it doesn't have anything to do with crystal waters. The ladadaaa hook is even slower than hers. Y'all have to know it though. This song was really just an eclectic house smash and was very highly regarded with all the people I used to club with. It had to be a smash out there too. Anyone have a link or info posted somewhere so I can try to learn how to make an MP3 off a tape, isn't that what y'all do? Eli Star used to really play this one.

Mike
21st February 2005, 07:55 PM
Is`nt this opus III-its a fine day???? :D

I thought that when I saw the description... but could also be Orbital - Halycon, which sampled the hook and messed around with it. I think the Radiccio EP which it was on was released late 92 but it was also on the brown album from 93.

Mike
21st February 2005, 08:03 PM
Link to a clip of Halcyon:

http://www.loopz.co.uk/discog/album/samples/Halcyonandonandon.mp3

Edinjapan
22nd February 2005, 11:33 AM
Link to a clip of Halcyon:

http://www.loopz.co.uk/discog/album/samples/Halcyonandonandon.mp3

Would bet it is that one.

Great track, you always think it is going into Opus III and it never does!

dodgymix
22nd February 2005, 12:00 PM
I sold a tune last on sister site for £2, it had this vocal

Its was by

“the tone”, can’t remember the nmae but it was on bass boy records and was highly regarded back in the day

Noel
22nd February 2005, 01:56 PM
I sold a tune last on sister site for £2, it had this vocal

Its was by

“the tone”, can’t remember the nmae but it was on bass boy records and was highly regarded back in the day
Here's a clip..

vapester
22nd February 2005, 05:00 PM
...no, it isn't any of those.....hmmmm, maybe I can give a better description. Sorry, but I think I call almost anything before all the music genres divided everything deep house. I'd say this might be like ambient house...and scratch out the ladadeeee. Upon listening to it again a more accurate descrip would be....LaaaaaaaaDaaaaaDaaaaaDaaaaaaDaaaaa.......... DaaaaDaaaaDaaaaDaaaaa.......DaaaDaaaDaaaDaaaaaaaaD aaaaaa.....try taking about 5 seconds to say each part and you got it. And it's really not a soulful voice. At the time it was a pretty unique beat, and the lady's chant, is not to be forgotten, just kinda kept swirling around you again and again.

brady
4th May 2005, 06:43 PM
its transform by transfrom (on rising high 93)

:eyebrow:

TRANSFORM ( TRANSFORMATIONS ) RISING HIGH RECORDS 1993 RSN 53 near mint £12

Noel ect, ive got this tune on an old tape from 93 but i cant find which tape it is now, do you recognise it from an old club mix tape? its doing my head in trying to remember which mix it is played on

ab45
4th May 2005, 11:34 PM
its transform by transfrom (on rising high 93)

:eyebrow:

TRANSFORM ( TRANSFORMATIONS ) RISING HIGH RECORDS 1993 RSN 53 near mint £12

Noel ect, ive got this tune on an old tape from 93 but i cant find which tape it is now, do you recognise it from an old club mix tape? its doing my head in trying to remember which mix it is played on

Thats what i thought also m8 (see earlier post lol)
Description fits :thumbsup:
TOON btw

Noel
5th May 2005, 12:28 PM
Noel ect, ive got this tune on an old tape from 93 but i cant find which tape it is now, do you recognise it from an old club mix tape?Sorry mate.. never heard it before.

brady
5th May 2005, 04:07 PM
yeah ab45 i noticed your post, i done a search for "transform" and your post is how i ended up on this thread :rotate:

fingerbob
25th May 2005, 01:09 PM
Hi mate,
Dont know wether you have this sorted yet but I seem to remember this track from a billy nasty tape, does the tape you have feature mismoplastico ??? It doesnt help put a name to track but we might be able to id the dj.. :spin:

brady
25th May 2005, 05:00 PM
Hi mate,
Dont know wether you have this sorted yet but I seem to remember this track from a billy nasty tape, does the tape you have feature mismoplastico ??? It doesnt help put a name to track but we might be able to id the dj.. :spin:

hi there fingerbob, thanks for the input, yeah i tracked down the mix that featured it, it was a paul wain mix from the citrus club, edinburgh

http://www.dreamwater.org/bradyman/ap-citrus93.htm

:thumbsup:

vapester
26th May 2005, 01:04 AM
...yes, exactly. Transform-transformations........I thought this thread died out unsolved. I had it id'd a while back by playing it to someone. I now have the vinyl.....it was the paradise mix I was familiar with. Thanks all!!!