PDA

View Full Version : what's the serious anthem from 91.....with the cat lady???

vapester
19th February 2005, 06:33 PM
....y'all know what i'm talking about...hahaha. The techno anthem , pretty sure 91, with the cat lady saying who knows what...meeeeeeowwiiitthhhoutttttaaaafooooorrrrddda aaayooowwyooowwwww....and the litle girl says something with an english accent. My mummy says...... That's all I remember off the bat. I'm trying to build up my oldskool wax collection. It's getting pretty good. Does anyone know the name and artist here?

BTW.....I must say my favorite flashback find on wax has to be Trashman-Cosmotrash(remixes)....cannot recommend this enough.
Now if only I can find NRG-Never lost his hardcore on wax....
I thought I scored it once, only to receive, the BS remixes from 98 or whatever.....late remixes sux!!

ab45
19th February 2005, 06:38 PM
the tune that split the scene here lol:)

The Prodigy - Charly

huge here in the UK obviously not in the states i take it m8 ;) :thumbsup:

vapester
19th February 2005, 06:45 PM
..thanks!! No, no, don't get me wrong....it was huge out here too. But I used to collect mixtapes back in the daze and don't know alot of the names of these anthems. Y'all in the UK trip me out, you guys know sooooomuch about dance/electronic music, like they were all household names. The huge amount of techno record collections out there is amazing. It just seems y'all collected alot more wax at least for personal listening, than most people here in the states. It seems most oldskool wax left out here is abused DJ stuff, ya know?

vapester
19th February 2005, 07:14 PM
..ok, ok, I admit, i'm an idiot and will immediately turn in my Original Raver badge for not knowing the ID on this one (kicking myself). Gawd, and I claim to be oldskool!!!! hahahahaha....awww man, that one is too classic!! "Charly"

ab45
19th February 2005, 09:05 PM
No problem m8 at all
I hope my post didnt come across as condencending at all as it wasnt meant to be :thumbsup: I myself am constantly finding out id's on here that when im told what it is i know i shouldve know it :$ in many cases i actually have it :$ lol
Thats the beauty of the peeps on this board NO-ONE is out to score points or humiliate others.Everyone here is on a mission to increase their knowledge and collection and to help others do the same :thumbsup:

vapester
20th February 2005, 08:44 PM
...understood, yeah I was just joking. I put my techno love away for soo many years, and got heavily into old funk, and now that i've rediscovered my craving for it, I almost need to reeducate myself on alot of it again. Thank goodness for this site. I'll continue to order stuff from Gemm through here, I just ordered, X-calibur - Love American Style, Lewis Lovebump - Hey Mallorca, and the Shut the f**k up one.

marchwiel
21st February 2005, 10:37 AM
the tune that split the scene here lol:)

The Prodigy - Charly

huge here in the UK obviously not in the states i take it m8 ;) :thumbsup:
Nice work AB45.