PDA

View Full Version : From the archives, Rap/Acapella 94 ish

Edinjapan
1st February 2005, 11:39 AM
It might be from 94/95, could be before.

Its a pretty melodic rap, fast ish and I am sure that the chorus went something like

'see thats how I'm livin' .

They used to play it all the time in Birmingham clubs and it's been doing my head in for days now. I don't have it on any old tapes.

I am pretty sure it charted as well, because there was one of those Now type compilations in a diner I used to go to and it used to come on there. Garbage's stupid girl was on that as well, which might put it in 96?

Shot in the dark, but any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

only thing that comes to mind is toni scott - thats how im living (champion rec)

but that came out about 1990

maybe a revamp version thou!

You don't know how the lyrics go do you?

I think I have heard Shoom mention that as a tune before, it could be that I guess.

Mate it could be - am searching the net for a clip now.

Definitely not Toni Scott

Thanks big time!

Poo - its not that either!

Had me goin then.

You know I could have the lyrics totally wrong, I used to party quite hard in those days

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bump

It isn't Tony Scott, or Ice t or Ice cube.

It's was quite a soulful rap, and I think it was a reasonably big hit, I heard it in a cafe in Japan in 1995/6 on a 'Hits' type compilation.

It used to get hammered at the clubs in Brum, as much as Young MC or D.O.C so someone must know it.

I could have the lyrics wrong mind.

Anyone???!!!

Edinjapan

Man Alive
5th February 2005, 12:08 AM
I was about to reply that it was Tony Scott, then saw the bump.

Tony Scott - That's how I'm Living - got original on a Jeff Young Big Beat tape somewhere.

http://www.discogs.com/release/69941 :)

Edinjapan
19th August 2007, 11:45 AM
This was 'Good Life' by New Power Generation. Tune!