PDA

View Full Version : Some Justice, huh?

deej
25th January 2005, 02:18 PM
Right, you know that speeded up Run DMC break beat that was popular back in the day? You know, Music Takes You, Some Justice etc...
Well, I haven't got a clue what the tune is called that i'm after, but it had the same beat, and was a repetitive piano loop over the top, with strings coming in as the track progressed. Thats all i know. Any ideas what the tune is? It was about 1992, and was a big favourite at the Gallery, Leeds.
See what you can do guys!

Breaks Bleeps and Bass
25th January 2005, 03:37 PM
Blame - Piano Takes You 1991 Moving Shadow Records is a possibility worth checking anyway.

elusive
25th January 2005, 04:42 PM
maybe rabbit city 4r

theres a track on there that sounds like both those tunes (beat & arrangement)

http://www.discogs.com/release/21882

deej
25th January 2005, 04:55 PM
Blame - Piano Takes You 1991 Moving Shadow Records is a possibility worth checking anyway.

Thats definitely not it, but cheers!

deej
25th January 2005, 05:00 PM
maybe rabbit city 4r

theres a track on there that sounds like both those tunes (beat & arrangement)

http://www.discogs.com/release/21882

This sounds good. Thanks Elusive. Anyone got a clip??

Also, I'm looking for an MP3 of N.D.X - Higher Than Heaven. Any ideas? I've got the 12", but I can't hook my deck up to my PC without pulling my room to bits (long story).

tommi
25th January 2005, 05:08 PM
Ive got an mp3 of that NDX tune ,if youre on soulseek catch me there, username: harmless ;)

Clip of Force Mass Motion - Take Me Higher attached :D

deej
25th January 2005, 05:23 PM
Ive got an mp3 of that NDX tune ,if youre on soulseek catch me there, username: harmless ;)

Clip of Force Mass Motion - Take Me Higher attached :D

Wow! What service! I love it here! Unfortunately, thats not the tune I mean but we're getting there. The piano loop on the tune i'm after is a bit less frantic, but you certainly gave it a good shot Tommi! Is that a remix maybe of the tune i'm looking for, coz it could well be..

And pardon my ignorance, but what is soulseek and how do we hook up? :thumbsup:

elusive
25th January 2005, 05:37 PM
duh! any other samples?
a piano & a beat doesn't tell us much really as there a hundreds of tunes like that between 91-93

deej
25th January 2005, 05:43 PM
duh! any other samples?
a piano & a beat doesn't tell us much really as there a hundreds of tunes like that between 91-93

Yeah, it may be a little vague, i know! tommi just hit on a track that is almost it, so he knows what i mean..

tommi
25th January 2005, 05:52 PM
Soulseek
www.slsknet.org
;)

Mike
25th January 2005, 07:10 PM
It's not this is it??

deej
25th January 2005, 07:35 PM
It's not this is it??

Thanks for trying Mike. I didn't realize how many tracks i've described in one little request!!

Keep it up guys. Someone will get it..

Ric
26th January 2005, 09:53 AM
What about the FSOL mix of Unity - Unity...?
Didn't that have the same break? It's still a bit early in the day so I might be wrong!
Can't provide a clip though...sorry!

Pretty sure it hasn't got that break though.

What about New Atlantic - Sunshine After the Rain

Although you didn't mention any vocal.

Maybe I should shut up and come back when I have some sensible suggestions! :mad:

jonnyp
26th January 2005, 05:45 PM
It's not this is it??

what's that tune mike?

Mike
26th January 2005, 05:46 PM
what's that tune mike?

Haha forgot to post the name.... it's Release - Passion, the B side of Dance in Eden on Contagious recs :)

Dara
27th January 2005, 04:39 AM
How about this then??

:D :D :D

Halfacre
27th January 2005, 11:02 PM
Aurora - Sunshine?????

silocybe
28th January 2005, 11:14 AM
Tommis tune had a similar feel to Sonz of a loop da loop era - Far out !