18th January 2005, 01:33 PM
all ID's are here :

www.old-skool.dsl.pipex.com/name.htm

most wanted are :

http://www.old-skool.dsl.pipex.com/unknowns/donovansmith1.rm

http://www.old-skool.dsl.pipex.com/unknowns/unknown1.rm

marchwiel
18th January 2005, 01:42 PM
Unknown1 is Def Con Vol3 (Altitude) going like the clappers. This ID has been put up before hasn't it?

djcreativity
18th January 2005, 03:31 PM
>>>Unknown1 is Def Con Vol3 (Altitude) going like the clappers.

nah, definitely not m8.... i got that tune and the techno riff is similar.... but nothing else

djcreativity
18th January 2005, 03:32 PM
unless i got the wrong mix of it ?

If anyone can conclusively provide links to the various mixes , then perhaps we can clear it up , but i'm 99% sure its not Defcon..

Biskit
18th January 2005, 03:54 PM
It's not 'Altitude' although it defo steals from it. I remember there being a Carl Cox mix of somebody's n it used the altitude riff, soz but I cant remember the artist, but I think the label was MMR, same one as Visa. This might help :)

Dara
18th January 2005, 04:38 PM
Absolutely, positively, definitely not Altitude or Altitude remix. Uses the same riff but is way too fast, has a heavy breakbeat and has a vocal. That bugger been floatin round the net for years. :confused:

djcreativity
18th January 2005, 05:06 PM
>>That bugger been floatin round the net for years.

about 7 years to be precise !

I was wondering whether it was from a genuine mixtape or not, or whether someone had just "made" the tune on their PC and pretended it was unknown.

However, that legend called Easygroove plays it in 1992.... so i reckon its got to exist as Easygroove got most of his vinyl from Bristol like me at that time.

marchwiel
18th January 2005, 06:12 PM
Absolutely, positively, definitely not Altitude or Altitude remix.
:$I guess I was wrong then, sorry. :$

Uses the same riff but is way too fast, has a heavy breakbeat and has a vocal. That bugger been floatin round the net for years. :confused:
In my defence, I did say it sounds like it was going like the clappers.

djcreativity
18th January 2005, 07:49 PM
to be honest... most people only listen to the start of the clip & think "nah" & the best bit is the break down & the vocal near the end !

winkdj
18th January 2005, 09:35 PM
mike
that zephania tune is on acid donuts records from swindon

djcreativity
18th January 2005, 11:45 PM
cheers dude ;)