PDA

View Full Version : I really know

Spence
17th January 2005, 07:16 PM
Just joined this forum and the above title seems to be somewhat popular! See if you can work this out! Blue Violet released "I Really Know" in 1991 the main mixes being the Attack Mix and 2am Mix. In August 1991 I heard a mix of this tune on one of the Asesino mix tapes No 14 (mixes in Let the Beat Hit Em Part 2 if you've got the tape) - This version doesn't have piano in it but is a proper hands in the air tune and is clearly a remix of the Blue Violet track! Does anyone know if there are any other mixes of this track in existence or whether (unlikely) someone remixed the track around the time it was released (91) and then re-released it under a different name? Even better if anyone has the mix - there is cash waiting or anything in my collection (a goldmine if you are into your old skool anthems!). Make my year please guys!!!

oldskooltodabone
18th January 2005, 12:39 AM
hard one, this vocal :)

sample/title is used in many records, for example:

Regina Lee - I Really Know
Vera Cruz - You Can Make It
Nexus 21 - I Know We Can Make It
Nancy Color - We Can Make It
Melody Allstars - We Can Make It
Blue Violet - I Really Know
HYRA - We Can Make It
Tracie Daves - We Can Make It

of the hundreds of versions there exist I am looking for the one I taped in the beginning of 1992
i have only the sample of the beginning of the track left, the rest I taped over, damned ;)

sample is here (http://www.djtrauma.nl/tuneid/awesome%20tune%2016%20(maby%20regina%20lee%20-%20i%20really%20know).mp3)

Spence
19th January 2005, 09:03 AM
This is a right ball ache! Had already listened to your link from your original e-mail. Remember the tune but don't know the name. Still, will keep an eye open for you whilst hunting for my version. As for mine, the only copy of the tune I had was on a tape lent to a mate who snapped it! Still cheers for the ideas fella! :crazy:

Biskit
19th January 2005, 10:35 AM
Try the mixes of 'Rhythm Of Life - Touch Me'

Spence
19th January 2005, 12:04 PM
Nice one! phones:

oldskooltodabone
19th January 2005, 12:09 PM
Spence do u have a mp3 sample of the version u r lookin for?

Spence
20th January 2005, 09:44 AM
Check out 3/1/05 9.09pm "A simple one for you" by Fleebee on the forum. This was my bro's effort to track the tune down for a crimbo pressy for me. For some reason cant download certain mp3's at the mo including this one - need an update from "real" that doesn't seem to be accessable so I only have my bro's word for it that the sample is the correct mix - bearing in mind he sent me the attack and 2am mix of Blue Violet (reckon same tune but different mix) - id'd by Biskit - otherwise I'm fucked!

Spence
20th January 2005, 09:46 AM
Cheers Biskit :thumbsup:

oldskooltodabone
20th January 2005, 07:16 PM
i can't open the mp3 as well