PDA

View Full Version : old sasha tune

digthemusic
16th June 2002, 03:09 PM
is it my imagination or did sasha do a tune about 1990 with the vocals of whitney houstons i wanna dance with somebody

remember having an old tape with this on

remember a guy saying hey whitney

then the song breaks into the vocals i wanna dance with somebody

unsure of the music only thought about it today

hope you can help

Jonno
16th June 2002, 03:21 PM
One of Sasha's trade mark mixes was I Wanna Dance With Somebody over the top of Leftfield - Not Forgotten, Hard Hands remix

digthemusic
16th June 2002, 03:29 PM
does this mean it was one of sasha`s mash up`s

the left field tune brings back some memery`s is that the only mix that was played

cheers m8

framer
16th June 2002, 04:13 PM
i've heard him mix it with sweet sensation aswell

Jonno
16th June 2002, 06:50 PM
It will have almost certainly been a mash-up. Apart from in clubs, he played the Leftfield one on a special mix he did for Radio 1 back in 92 when the Pet Shop Boys were hosting the mid morning show.

To be honest I was never right keen on the Hard Hands mix. It was released in 91 as a b-side (to More Than I Know) after Paul Daley had joined the band. The original was released in 90 when Leftfield was just Neil Barnes. The original didn't have a mix name, it's just called "Not Forgotten". IMO you'd be hard pushed to find a better dance tune ever written than the original.

Incidentally, I don't know if you already know this but the sample featured "What's wrong with these people" is William Defoe in the film "Mississippi Burning". "Not Forgotten" is written on a black lads grave who's killed in the film.

digthemusic
16th June 2002, 07:01 PM
cheers for that jonno m8

me`s of to buy it

were`nt you an old monroes head

just been thinking of an old mash up jepson used to do which was primals screams come together with the george micheal and aretha franklins tune over thetop

them were the days

many thanks

sirius
16th June 2002, 07:28 PM
CHOO CHOO!!!!!!!!!! Quote: "Incidentally, I don't know if you already know this but the sample featured "What's wrong with these people" is William Defoe in the film "Mississippi Burning". "Not Forgotten" is written on a black lads grave who's killed in the film".

Excellent m8. Honestly didnt know that............

see ya,

sirius.

Biskit
17th June 2002, 08:48 PM
Tha Jamms (KLF) did a tune about 89ish, called 'Whitney joins the Jamms'. This had a guy shouting 'Hey Whitney' and then it broke into Whitney Houstons 'I wanna dance with somebody' It was cut up with several tunes, if I remember it cut into 'Whitney', then a calypso style piano, then a sort of mission impossible tune, then a bloke shouts 'Hey Whitney' and then she's off again!!
I have it somewhere, I'm sure it's 1-sided, pretty rare and collectable:D :D

digthemusic
17th June 2002, 09:04 PM
that sounds like the one biskit m8

me`s off to buy it

big big big thanks

Biskit
19th July 2002, 06:18 PM
This tune is on E-bay, 'KLF/JAMMS - Whitney joins the Jamms', any takers............???????

digthemusic
19th July 2002, 08:34 PM
have already purchased it but you were spot on with the id

once again i thank you

you seen to be very knowledgeble of the of the old music do you know who did the beat of love tune the lyrics went the beat of love yeah yeah yeah i said the beat of love yeah yeah yeah it`s not a beat called love by the grid

i`ve keep leaving messages on dj wellys website because he used to be big pals with john jepson who used to hammer this tune but unfortunatly he has`nt got back to him

many thanks

digthemusic

Biskit
19th July 2002, 09:00 PM
Have you not got a better description, we've established the lyrics...
'The beat of love yeah yeah yeah, I said the beat of love yeah yeah yeah!'
The only 1 I can think of right now is the 1 that it isn't 'GRID - A BEAT CALLED LOVE!"
Anymore lyrics 2 the song, is it piano, housey, hard, mellow, fast, slow?!? :confused:
I'm gettin these lyrics in mi 'ed now, something pops up in mi 'ed, but I dunno wot it is!!! :@
Need better description!! :D

digthemusic
19th July 2002, 09:25 PM
the music is kind of italian housey type of music kind of bassy guitarish type of music (best i can describe have`nt heard this tune in a very long time)

another lyric out of this tune is and my body says rock

while your thinkin about that tune could you please think about this one who did the record which started of with the lyric the house is now on fire then broke into a bleepy techno kind of music

many thanks

digthemusic

Biskit
19th July 2002, 09:34 PM
Still thinkin' about the 1st one, that 2nd tune you ask about, i think its been asked 4 by some1 b4!!! Where's V.A when you need him :confused: This 1st "Italian' tune (u Thinks) is blaggin' mi 'ed, I'm sure i know the lyrics from somewhere!! :crazy:

digthemusic
19th July 2002, 09:46 PM
twas a very popular tune in it`s day(the beat of love) but the only person i heard play it was john jepson that was proberbly beause every club i went to he was playing ie monroes,hacketts,molloys in preston

as for the house is now on fire tune i`ve heard iton a few old tapes

much abliged

digthemusic