PDA

View Full Version : Not gonna be easy to describe but here goes..

jonnykip
8th December 2004, 05:03 PM
Not sure of year or anything really regarding this track as the tape it's on goes from some sound as feck beasts then all of a sudden stu allen comes in with artemesia. :axe:

Anyway, the track starts off really slow with no actual beat. Has samples left right and centre, probably the most recognisable one is a woman screamin, 'what, are you on drugs'
Then it starts with no bass or drums just synth lines and i think weather samples (rain, wind etc etc.) Then a vocal comes in of;
'free, i am free'. This is repeated a fare few times with the odd up and down screech kinda sample then it breaks and another male vocal comes in which is almost like he's whispering it sayin;
'open your mind, let it flow, don't be afriad, it's time to go.'

Then the whole free vocal kicks in along with a breakbeat beat stylee thing.

Long shot i know, will try and get a sample whenever i get round to sortin the comp at home. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Stuck in Aahz
8th December 2004, 05:22 PM
Sounds like one of the many versions of Morgan King - I am free.

jonnykip
8th December 2004, 05:33 PM
Sounds like one of the many versions of Morgan King - I am free.
you wouldn't have any samples would ya??

cheers

marchwiel
8th December 2004, 05:39 PM
As is often the case there is one at Hard to Find here (http://www.htfr.com/vinyl/quicksearch/?text=morgan+king&radio=vinyl). Had completely forgotten about this record, so I'm not sure whether it is the one you want or not. :thumbsup:

marchwiel
8th December 2004, 05:39 PM
Argh, no edit button.:'( That was supposed to say there is a sample at Hard to Find.

jonnykip
8th December 2004, 05:47 PM
Argh, no edit button.:'( That was supposed to say there is a sample at Hard to Find.
Cheers bud. :thumbsup:

fred_funk
8th December 2004, 09:53 PM
At a guess, i'd say it was the Original Full Length La Serena Mix on http://www.discogs.com/release/34548, although i could be wrong as I am sure that one does not have a "woman screamin, 'what, are you on drugs'." It has pretty much everything else you say in it though.

I'll post a snippit of it up over the next few days when I get the chance.

jonnykip
9th December 2004, 09:29 AM
Just wanna say cheers to you all again.

Didn't think i'd get this off my description. :S

Listened to the HTFR sample and the mix i'm after sounds very similar to this one
http://www.htfr.com/more-info/?catno=MR81491

Cheers again. :thumbsup:

fred_funk
10th December 2004, 12:33 AM
You've probably got enough to go on but I said I would post a cut of the "I Am Free (Original Full Length La Serena Mix)" so here it is (from about 2 1/2 minutes in as it is all just build up previous to the sample).

Hope it helps.

fred_funk
10th December 2004, 12:54 AM
...and seeing as i've been mp3'ing the whole record, I may as well post a snippit from another mix on the same release: The Leftfield Dub Mix.
Only reason for doing this is because the riff is an absolute monster.