PDA

View Full Version : Unknown DJ - WBMX 1980's

Mister_DJ
6th December 2004, 11:01 AM
Hi,

Can anyone help us with these WBMX tunes?

Can U Dub sounds like a dub of Can U Dance and I'm sure I've either got or know "Do Dup Do DO" and "Rock Rock" :$

All help appreciated....:thumbsup:

Cheers!

Mart
:rolleyes:

nightbear
6th December 2004, 11:33 AM
hey, "Can You Bub" is "Hercules - 7 Ways / Instrumental" on Dancemania (DM 002)...A REAL jacking anthem by Marshall Jefferson!!! :) :) :)

nightbear
6th December 2004, 11:39 AM
yeah and the Mr. Fingers track is "Fingers Inc. - Bring Down The Walls" on Select records (BP 3679) featuring the best male house vocalist EVER - Robert Owens! :cool:

nightbear
6th December 2004, 11:50 AM
and the "Minimal" one is Mr. Fingers - Beyond The Clouds" on Trax (127) or on Jack Trax USA - the versions differ a bit but I think it´s the one on Trax (flipside of Washing Machine) :D
According to my taste this Unknown DJ´s set is by far the best and deepest -must be from 1986...(and this DJ probably is not unknown at all)...
This is Chicago as we love it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mister_DJ
6th December 2004, 12:44 PM
Cheers Nightbear.

I have Hercules and Beyond The Clouds...:$ Happens all the time that - I need to listen to the b-sides more often.

Bring Down The Walls is a massive want of mine which has just now got more massive and its another pretty rare one :'( :'( - the vocal comes on after the clip - loving this dub version as well. Quality...:thumbsup:

Many Thanks! :thumbsup: :king:

Mart

placid
6th December 2004, 05:10 PM
isn't de dup d do

eddie grant - time warp

Mister_DJ
6th December 2004, 05:26 PM
Rings a bell that - I think then it may have been id'd for me b4 this one as not got Time Warp. I'll see if I can track a sample down...:thumbsup:

Mart

Mister_DJ
6th December 2004, 05:36 PM
Deffo is Eddy Grant - Time Warp (Instrumental)

Nice one Placid - cheers!

Mart

BUNKERHEADZ
6th December 2004, 08:13 PM
rock rock = Santos - Work The Box

BUNKERHEADZ
6th December 2004, 08:15 PM
Ohhh, in another thread you had that BLEEP BLEEP track, that's Farley Jackmaster Funk - farley knows house TRAX 106 ;)

BUNKERHEADZ
6th December 2004, 08:20 PM
Ignore my last post please, wrong info :$ sorry . .was a bit confused as I know that one for sure.
It's is the BLEEPS track btw I'm talking about :)

Mister_DJ
6th December 2004, 09:27 PM
Top iding yet again Bunkerheadz. Thanks for that...:king: :thumbsup:

No deffo not Farley Knows House - one of my all time fave Trax tunes that. Nevermind - thanks for having a stab at it tho m8...:thumbsup:

Mart

Mister_DJ
6th December 2004, 09:46 PM
LOL - Just checked discogs and Chiz has nailed a few of the ones I posted recently.

The 'Bleeps' one is deffo FJMF, but its 'Jack N The House', which is only on the same EP as Farley Knows House....:$ :$

:thumbsup:

Mart